1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dumpster diving !

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Digerati8, Jul 6, 2005.

1. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

spamage? guess it is ironic i guess trash in a dumpster thread????lmao

going to the dive here in a couple hours before the rain hits. supose to rain her for the next 3 days...

Last edited: Apr 28, 2009
  2. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Reported, who throws rotten spam into our pristine dumpster?

3. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

guess this is relavent for this situation..lol
    the wife got me the guitar hero metallica edition... so i would say its time to RIDE THE LIGHTNING LMAO!!!!!!

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

sorry, wrong sex!!

5. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Went this morning After work ! 1st location my regular Steady Producing Dumpster Zilch Except for about 8 Plastic Coke Crates Got'em and went To Location 2 and Ya! yes Sir Yes Sir Three Bags Full ! or nearly So !!! On to Location # About 2 More Bags Worth PLus 3 Resident Evil Prints in Frames As new Each is Numbered So I assume they're Limited Run items ! Also Found Several Psp3 Game Cases The Opaque /milky Clear kind So all in all A successful Trip Also a Couple of Dvd's too But nowhere mear last trip ! I have'nt counted thses Up yet but will post when I do _ And Almost all of the cases Were in the Mythical JVC clear Bags{ Makes My hobby so much easier } Though I rebagged then and Bought some Totes to store them in after the sorting and counting !! To Quote The Late Hannibal Smith " Ilove it When a Plan Comes together !!!!" CiaO y'all !!!!!!!!!!!!

6. JVC

JVC Active member

OK.....y'all know I'm supposed to get 10% of your findings, right? :eek:D
    I'm jealous of all the stuff you guys are finding. I can't seem to find anything anymore. Maybe one of these days, I'll get another decent haul.
    Keep up the good work.

7. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

JVC- yeah I go through those kinda Spells myself I'll hit a P'load of Cases a couple of times and then it's like My Gambling habits $2's & fews and far between !!!!, THe last haul I got counted up and Toted away ( storage Totes ) was 272 Cases Plus 18 Ps3 Game cases ! and 3 Movies. I may put some TV shows in The Ps3 cases I'll deffinitely use them !!! I also found a lil' Air Guitar amp Thingie - Looks like a Little Guiyar amp & it Plays little snippetts of music that you air guitar to I guess ? The Battery cover is missing but the batteries were in it amd it works & I also got those three Resident evil Plaques/ Prints too ! - JVC- Oh' Grand Wazzoo of the Viziers Garden Party - Grand poobah & Exhulted Great Water Buffalo of the sacred Pool , Great Muckity muck & Lord High Everything Else !!! _ Don't give up hope There will be oher days & other dumpsters !!! Blockbusters Come & BlockBusters Go But somehow Dumspter-Juice still smells the same LOL!!!!! Hope your luck picks up soon my friend Keep in there Cause we need our spiritual Advisor & inspiriational speaker Keep Your powder Dry & Beware of Saugmons Green Fog _CiaO!!!

8. RippDogg

RippDogg Regular member

Claggitrop, the guilded mountain goat God of Incan Warriors, it is said went years without food while his minions basked in agricultural good fortune and went fat on the back of their sheepish God. So it is that our apostolic JVC hath sacrificed for our good fortune; though it seems that some (in and around the Cincinnati area and in parts of Louisiana) hath eatethed better than others from the table without sharething equitably. Half-naked Reds fans rolling around behind locked bedroom doors on a mattress full of catched cases whilest the honored and beloved JVC hath none;......shameful. As Obama might say; puff-puff-give.

9. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

well now there are a few members here know that i have spread the wealth of cases i have stumbled across, those who know me all they have to do is send a PM with a addy and some would be on the way..lol

as a matter of fact i went yesterday on my way to work and hit a mini mother load. they tossed about 8 bags of cases in the dive. BUT most the bags split open and the dumpster was one of them 8ft tall dumpsters with the small slideing side door. i did manage to get about 200 cases with covers and did get 2 movies in the cases.(still waiting)

10. RippDogg

RippDogg Regular member

Please stand-by: I'll take 40 singles, 10 doubles w/ cheese, and a large mountain dew[-colored quad case]. Thanks buddy...
    Things is slow up here. Everything is floating and they just aren't throwing away any good trash (damn environmentalists). It's like that Paula Cole song "Where Has All The Good Trash Gone." Yeah, you'll be singing that one next time you go headz down f'sho.

11. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

RippDogg- To quote Harvey Two-face Uber Villian and Ex-Gotham City District attorney " I'm of Two minds on the Subject !" One Ya' gotta Have yer LuckY Coin { Don't leave home without it !!!!. And two. Beware of the Green MYST of SaugMon For Lo' it is deadly " Hey Saugie Old Buddy Ya' gotta quit eating those Rosarita Refries {WHEW !!!!!!} Other than That it's the luck of the draw and increasing your odds by checking multiple locations I check three on a regular basis sometiomes I Hit the CincyRob Load on the 1st one and nothing at the other two > Sometimes it can be a dry spell at all three or cases in all three ! Ya' never know ,Ya' Know ? This tuesday My regular old faithfull was devoid of cases Nut had several coca coca Crates _ But the other two gave me 272 cases total betwixt them +18 Ps3 cases ! main thing is you have to stay with it and be prepared as the Boy scouts would say ! Good luck and Dive safe my friend !!!!

12. RippDogg

RippDogg Regular member

I'm lately getting nothing but cardboard; even the tasty morsels that usual redeem an otherwise empty run are running thin. I think the BB girls in this area have gotten the green religion and gone veg on me. Either that or I've got shady competition. I may have to set aside some time for surveillence.

13. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

RippDogg- Yeah ! If you can get a fix on what days & times the Truck comes to Dump the Dumpster It might get you ahead of the game ? Heck Maybe you could work the truck part-time and get all the DVD cases ,movies, Posters , Candy & Slighty Used pizza You'll ever need too boot !!! Granted you'll have to get on the routes that Do Blockbuster & the other local Video stores But Think OF the MOney you'll save on food LOL? Taste and see the Goodness That is Dumpster ! - And Lo did the Hairy one Retreivith The sacremntal M&M Candy & Sticker Dispenser frometh Thy Yonder dumpster ! Hermetically sealed thereof ! and did so break the seal to reveal the Mini Bag Of M&M's Within ! He hath tasted of it and it was good !!!! - May The Blessing of JVC be upon you !! , May the Myst of Saugmon not Terminate you ! And may you Dive in Peace and safety and get Lucky in a Dumpster ! Hell !! you might even Find some DVD cases Too !!! LOL!!!!! - Good luck and Good HUnting BTW What day/days do you go Diving ? Just wondering

14. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

RippDogg-- Cardboard makes good Goatchow !!!!!

15. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Went This morning Hit my Three Regulars Got 9 dvd cases a disc two of Alexander revisted ? 1st Dumpster zip Second dumpster Zip But had loose dvd in the bottom with about 4 inches of Rain Soup I would have checked these out with my Grabber But The Blockbuster Nerd was taking a smoke before the store opened Damn early byrd workers !!! & Found 8 out of the nione at the third one ! See RippDogg Even I don't strike it rich all the time either ! Still Free is Free as Our Spiritual Advisor JVC says"!!!!!

16. RippDogg

RippDogg Regular member

17. greensman

greensman Regular member

18. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Naw That ain't Even Close to a WOOkie But Good technique none the less !!!!!- Hey Boo Booo Waddaya Say we go Filch a Few pic-a-nic baskets??????- I am smarter Than the AverageBear Woo Woo Wooo!!!!

19. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Besides -A bears are'nt intelligent enough to pLay 3-D holographic Chess With a C3PO Model Droid !!!! Translation Let The Wookie Win !!!!!!!!!!

20. RippDogg

RippDogg Regular member

They don't have 3-D Chess on Endor. Well, went last night whilest I was carousing in a pleasant little crack dealing section of Detroit with no luck. No cases, just bags of general gerbage. It'll pick up again, I know. We're just in a recession right now.