1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Duo X3 problems!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by brando151, Jan 21, 2008.

1. brando151

brando151 Member

I Reciently recived 2 xboxs off ebay and both had frag 1 was from failed attempt at modding and the other looked like a brand new board ok, so i bought 2 duo x3 mod chips (all duo x2's were outa stock) :? so I direct installed the mod chips onto the boards as it sais on v 1.1 xboxs as both of them are and then it was go time.

booted the one with the failed mod chip attempt boots up fine holding the power button the led on the frount goes red to orange and stayes orange has the red xbox logo when it boots and duo x3 in the corner & then comes up with error 7 as i havent formatted a hd for it as yet (has video & audio) .

Tryed booting it by pressing the eject button buh it boots red then flashes green then powers off then boots again orange than flashes green, then boots off again boots again orange then stays flashing green. (no Audio or video)

Same thing happens when i press then power insted of holding it.

Xbox 2 the one that was new but was still fraging,

installed duo x3 chip as i did with the other one wired it up the same, booted it up by holding the power button red, orange flash, booted off, booted on orange booted off, booted on orange, red flashing continusly (no video, no audio)

Tryed booting it by pressing the eject button buh it boots red then flashes green then powers off then boots again orange than flashes green, then boots off again boots again orange then stays flashing green. (no Audio or video)

Same thing happens when i press then power insted of holding it.

Any idears would be great cheers thanks

2. brando151

brando151 Member

when a hd is formatted into the one that had been attempted at a mod it freezes on boot up every time in diff areas both the motherboards had christmas light effect when i got them (frag) no audio no video if that helps any help would be great

3. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Wooow complicate problems....

I wonder why nobody answer your questions.

Let start at the beggining. I need to know what did you see when turning on 2 xbox at the first time before you opened it. is there sound, video, etc..?

does xbox still boot the same without modchip? when you open the xbox at the first time, did you check to see any anomoly on motherboard, any soldering, etc... that the previous owner did?

did you check the AV cable to see if it have broken wires.

when you order Dou X3 modchip, do you know which bios inside the modchip? did you flash the modchip yet? did you install modchip correctly per xbox's version

http://www.llamma.com/xbox/Mods/DUO_X3_Installation.htm

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2008
  4. brando151

brando151 Member

both of the consoles had christmas light effect (frag) with no audio or video

With out the mod chip it frags, one of the boards was new and another was a attempt at mod chip but i fixed it up.

Av cable is fine because i use it on my xbox and works fine (its brand new orginal xbox 1)

Wouldnt have a clue what bios is on it they have a switch 1 for v1.0-1.6
    and the other 4 1.6a,b,c

5. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

ok first check the DVD drive and hdd which can cause the problem with sound and video.

ON broken xbox, disconnect the power cable of DVD drive from mother board. Disconnect power cable of hdd from the back of hdd. disconnect data cable from motherboard.

Bring the whole DVD and hdd connect to a working xbox to see if it boot with sound and video, to see if it has the same failures, etc....

You can also connect the working DVD and HD into broken xbox to see if it boot with no sound and video, to see if it has the same failures, etc....

I'm checking the DVD and hdd of broken xbox. I'm comparing the working motherboard with the unknown motherboard. You will find out the different between broken xbox and working xbox.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2008