1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DUO XII opinions

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Mark0, Oct 15, 2004.

1. Mark0

Mark0 Guest

ok, soo i just orderd a DUO II for my x-box... just wondering how those of you that have it like it....
    also, i am pretty new with the whole moding thing... i put this computer together so i am somewhat computer litarate but, what is it going to take to throw on an external hard drive and to just copy a microsoft game to my x-box

can I run linux, and play my games?

2. pbailey

pbailey Regular member

Yes to all the above, tho i don't know about external hdd's.

I own and have installed about 5 of these chips, without a prob, s/ware and everything works just like a $120 mod chip, but no jumpers, if you want to use the mod chip, hit the power button, if you want to use live hit the eject button to bypass the mod chip and use the original bios off the m/board (there's a wire you solder from the chip to the eject button to ground it) and one wire to the d0, which should always be referred to as the alternate d0 underneath the m/board, much easier to solder to, and then a pin header, and that's it for pre v1.6 xboxes, and an lpc rebuild on 1.6's. The chip comes preflashed with the bios for the v1.6 on the second bios bank and whatever bios on the first bios bank for pre v1.6's.

All that is the easy part tho, the s/ware side of things is where you'll get your hands dirty, but pretty easy to sort out if you use that pc you built and ftp directly to your xbox. I helped matt, guy on the forums, thru email to setup the unleashx dashboard and alternative skins, it's about 20 light years ahead of evo x and everything works, unlike the ftp probs i get with media x menu (nother kick arse dashboard).

Hope that answers some of your questions.

3. pbailey

pbailey Regular member

nevermind.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2004
  4. Mark0

Mark0 Guest

hey, thanks for the info.... as soon as i get my chip thrown in, what is the first thing i need to do. I see I am going to need a Bios. well, can i hook my x-box up to my computer with this chip? or am I going to need to burn the appz on to a cd? thanks for all of the help, I was planing on going with the EvoX, but i belive that I will check out this Bios you have recomended, thanks a ton.
    Also, where can i find these applications to download?
    Marko
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]4g63 is the replacment for displacment[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2004
  5. pbailey

pbailey Regular member

Dashboard, evox and unleash x etc are dashboards or operating system, bios is what controls the hardware basically (in layman terms... ;))
    Where are you hailing from dude, i'm in australia and the chip comes preflashed with the bios.

xbins in irc would be the best bet, don't have time now gotta get back to work, but i used the slayer auto installer to begin with cause i had no idea what i was doing, which was handy cause 2.7 has all the latest apps, but it wouldn't recognise my f:\drive even after changing the ini, deleted it, d/led a new version and configured the ini and sent it to the c:\drive, that fixed my probs.

Drop us an email to remind me and i'll seend you some of the stuff to get started, prolly won't be until wednesday and thurs, daze off.