1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

duox modchip installed, but boot disk wont load

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by tbmafia36, Oct 23, 2007.

1. tbmafia36

tbmafia36 Member

i have installed a duox modchip in my xbox, and i've burned several copies of slayers evox and auto installer deluxe to try and format a larger hdd in my xbox. but none of the disks that i made will load when i put them into my xbox.

2. Iconaw1

Iconaw1 Member

Is the EvoX icon booting up with the flubber start screen when you turn on the Xbox using the Power button (not reset) letting you know that the modchip is in fact working? And if so did you follow the directions for making and burning the disk as instructed in the AID manual? Remember that you can not burn it to a CD-R it needs to be a DVD+R or CD-RW)

3. tbmafia36

tbmafia36 Member

no,

when i turn on the xbox with the power button it boots to this screen

[​IMG]

but then when i try to load a disk such as AID it just spits it back out and tells me to insert a cd and press A

4. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

I'm not a modchip guy, but don't you have to configure a BIOS or something from that screen prior to the chip becoming operational?

5. tbmafia36

tbmafia36 Member

How would i do that?

6. Iconaw1

Iconaw1 Member

If that is the screen you are getting then you have not yet flashed the Cromwell bios. Here are the instructions found on: http://www.duomodchip.com/english/main.htm

I recommend that you switch to bios (bank 1) because this bank is setup to flash the chip without the Eurasia generic pro flash disc, all you need is the bios on a disk. but here are the instructions for flashing the two different banks.

http://www.modchipstore.com/support/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=87&nav=0,3