1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DV capture errors

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by u2war, Nov 30, 2004.

1. u2war

u2war Member

have encountered a number of recent porblems with trying to download my DV from canon zr10 (via firewire) to either Ulead Videostudio 8 or windows movie maker.
    two days ago Ulead was working and clips were being captured and stored but today when I connect camera i recieve the following error "unable to switch to capture mode - check if your video capture driver is working properly - cannot preview". Additionally i can not view my originally saved .avi only hear them.

When I attempt to download with windows movie maker I get a "class not registered error"

I have uninststalled /installed Ulead 3 times to no avail
    when run gspot I find two issues :
    DSH DV Video Encoder ** Codec not registered
    DSH DVSD DV Video Decoder ** Codec not registered

I'm assuming these are causing my problems but I do not know how to rectify - thoughts / suggestions apprciated TIA

2. u2war

u2war Member

The only way I could find to solve this was to reinstall XP to fix the corrupted .dll files

3. shadownlo

shadownlo Member

C:\Windows\system32\qdv.dll needs to be reregistered.
    first do a search for qdv.dll if you see a directory c:\Windows\RegisteredPackages\-somethin-\qdv.dll blue turn off the commpresion. right click-advanced-compress.
    then paste this in start-run
    regsvr32.exe c:\windows\system32\qdv.dll
    this worked for me