1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DV capture to mpg problems

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by gbswales, Feb 27, 2005.

1. gbswales

gbswales Member

I have a panaonic NV-DS60 which I am pleased with.

until now I have used windows movie maker to record in wmf format. However i want to save my videos to CDs that will play on my DVD player - I happy for them to just be .mpg files saved as data

Windows movie maker will save to raw avi but whenever I try this it crashes part way through - Ulead suposedly will do the job but this crashes too - nero will do it (hooray) but loses the sound grrr

All I want is a simple programme that will capture the DV in bog standard mpg format (I dont want anything fancy or to have to bother deciding whether I need mpeg 1, 2, 3 or 4 or any of the other variations) with large enough size to play full screen on a computer and play through a tv - preferably software that says point here and click! Basically I LIKE the windows product as it is easy to use and edit afterwards but I want something similar that will save as mpg files (no I am not bothered by size as long as they fit on a standard CD or DVD)

suggestions on a postcard please

2. spacedust

spacedust Regular member

Nero 6 OEM with free updates gives you all the video capture features you should need. Mpeg1,2 and 4. You should be able to find this one pretty cheap on the web.

good luck

Spacedust..

3. gbswales

gbswales Member

thats what I have tried using - however it doesn not for some reason capture the sound