1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DV Problem. Help!.....PICS!!!!!

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by pbstar44, May 22, 2007.

1. pbstar44

pbstar44 Member

Ok so I just bought a Firewire IEEE 1394A PCI Host Controller Card and im trying to install it. My question is that it says in the directions "Note: Make sure you have your Microsoft Windows OS Installer CD ready before installing card." What is that? It didnt come with any CD except the Ulead video program.
    Also after I put the card into the PCI slot I turned on my computer and nothing popped up, so i tryed to add a new hardware but it said "Code 10- THe device failed to start (it might be missing or not working properly.)"

I have no clue how to install or do what to get this going.
    PLEASE HEELP!!!

EDIT- I went to Control Panel - System - Hardware - Device Manager I get a warning sign (yellow !). I'm running on a windows 2K

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: May 23, 2007
  2. k0k0m0

k0k0m0 Regular member

When I installed my Firewire board, it was as easy as unscrewing, fitting the board and screwing back again.

Windows (XP at least) should recognize your board on its own.

Have you checked Control Panel - System - Hardware - Device Manager ? If you get a warning sign (yellow !) under the bus host controllers IEEE 1394 then it's not connected properly.

By the way, I also do get the code 10msg, but my board works perfectly well.

Best thing to do is to try it with your camcorder

Hope it helps!

3. pbstar44

pbstar44 Member

yes i do get the warning sign (yellow !) when i go to find a new hardware..How could I install it wrong? I put the board in and then screwd back the screws in then plugged it in.

4. pbstar44

pbstar44 Member

yes i do get the warning sign (yellow !) when i go to find a new hardware..How could I install it wrong? I put the board in and then screwd back the screws in then plugged it in.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: May 23, 2007
  5. TPFKAS

TPFKAS Regular member

Either the card is defect or it was not mounted properly I would say.