1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DV Quality on PC (after editing)

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by kirkeric, Apr 30, 2004.

1. kirkeric

kirkeric Member

I have read a lot of threads on this and they all say that the quality in is an exact copy from DV camera. Agree. I have an XL1S, DV in, views great. As soon as I pull the piece down into Windows Movie Maker to edit, I immediately lose quality in video and it jerks some in places. I have tried other editing SW with same result. How do I fix this?
    Thanks,
    Eric

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

I noticed when I used the preview screen in WMM I had the same results. Once I finished editing I viewed it with PowerDVD and it was fine. I went ahead and burned it to a DVD and the quality was still there although my camera work needs some help.
    The other thing to check is your camera/PC connection. I'm using a two meter "Monstercable" firewire connection. I have heard that you want to keep the connection as short as possible.

3. kirkeric

kirkeric Member

fasfrank,
    Appreciate the response. I have tried burning a DVD using Sonic and it is ok. Some of those tend to lost the 16:9 format (which i strongly prefer). What can you tell me about Power DVD? Also, does anyone know why, when saving back to DV Cam that the background music tends to cut out ever few seconds? It almost seems at timed intervals it just "skips". Otherwise the movie is decent quality.
    Thanks ahead.
    Eric