1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dv to xvid

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by oYx, Apr 7, 2005.

1. oYx

oYx Member

this is not another "how to encode" question. :)

i have edited and exported a dv file (of highest quality) using premiere, and this video has a few text titles here and there. viewing the exported dv file, the titles are a little pixelated, or maybe i can say that they look like they're not anti-aliased.

however, if i export to wmv using premiere at high quality, the text titles look really smooth. on top of that, the video colours are 'deeper' than that in the exported dv file.

here's my question.

how do i get the same quality i get with the high quality wmv when exporting to xvid? meaning, the 'anti-aliased' text and the 'deeper' colours.

while i understand that the exported dv file stays true to the original image (and it probably will look great on tv as the 'pixelated' text would be somehow masked on tv), i like how wmv 'calibrates' it for the computer monitor and would like to know how i can achieve the same result using xvid.

of course, i can just stay with wmv and pass my video around using that format, but somehow it bugs me that i can't do it with xvid, of which i am a 'fan' of. :)

2. oYx

oYx Member

i've captured a portion of the video to show what i mean. this is just a small portion of the 640x480 video.

[​IMG]

anyone? :)

Last edited: Apr 8, 2005