1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dv tool

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by ensui, May 19, 2004.

1. ensui

ensui Member

hi guyz,
    i'm new here, so forgive mi if i have made any mistakes. i've got a question abt the software dv tool v0.53.
    i am trying to split my mpeg file (1.6Gb) with dv tool, into 3 parts. i can't seem to click onto the 'sys header' box, resulting in a screwing up of the splitted parts.
    can anyone tell mi where i've gone wrong? i kept trying, but i can't juz seem to do it. am i missing something? or is there a better software?

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well maybe you should try a Different Mpeg cutter...
    What I use is a program Called Mpeg2VCR but it isn"t freeware, You can also use the "Merge & Cut" feature in "Tmpgenc" it works fine as long as you make your cut on an I Frame, so dont use the " I>> " and " <<I " (Frame by Frame Buttons) when chooseing your Cut spot....
    If your File is a Mpeg2 file you can also try a couple tools like "Mpeg2Cut" and "Chopper XP" as they are good for mpeg2 files.......Cheers

3. ensui

ensui Member

thanx for replying man...
    i have alreadie deleted dv tool though, coz i was getting fustrated by it. thanx for the info though. really appreciate it...