1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVB Analyser - retreiving EIT updates corresponding to TDT information (EPG data)

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by adamp524, Nov 23, 2012.

1. adamp524

adamp524 Member

Hi,

I need some help trying to decode a DVB transport stream and analyse the EIT data. I have a local DVB transport stream file which is recorded off live TV - so it is a multi-programme transport stream with lots of SI tables in it.

I want to try and find out the timecode of when the actual TS/present event information is updated by looking at the version_number field in its table and monitoring when it changes.

For my example: Need to look at PID: 0x12 - EIT PID identifier in the transport stream table_id = 0x4E - This is the EIT table for actual TS present information Inside this table is the version_number field which is the field that I want to monitor for changes. When it does change (i.e. a new programme starts) I'd like to be able to record the time that this change corresponds to an entry in the TDT so I know when the change occurred in the stream.

So far I've looked at DVBSnoop as a TS Analyser and think it may be possible to use this tool. Does anyone have any idea how I could get this to work?

Thanks

2. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

i think the silence says it all friend. suggest you post on www.world-of-satellite.com where there are developers working on such issues