1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-9 > 2x DVD-R: What happens at the split-point?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Wudezzan, Oct 1, 2002.

1. Wudezzan

Wudezzan Member

To say it first, I don't own a DVD-Recorder yet. I've read about splitting a DVD-9 to two DVD-Rs. What remains unclear to me is what exactly happens when the movie reaches the split-point. How does a DVD software like PowerDVD, and how does a stand-alone player react? I don't assume it says "please insert next disk" or like that. And what if I choose a point in the DVD-menu that's on the other disc?

Thanks for any hints.

Regards, Wudezzan

2. pipster

pipster Guest

What happens all depends on how good you are at editing the DVD when you split it . You can make it return to menu or that kind of thing or stop , you could add a please insert next disk thing if you really got to grips with DVD Maestro . As for jumping to a point on the next disk you would only be able to do that from the chapter selection menu which you dont have to keep but correcting it would take quite a bit of doing . Using the remote will only let you jump forward to chapters you have , your new movie is to all intents and purposes now only half the chapters it was and the only part that is still wrong is the menu because they are hard to create so you copy them across from the old movie

3. phil1991

phil1991 Regular member

uhh basically, the 2nd dvd will start with the menu, or you can edit the title and have it immediately start playing the movie... Like the person in the comment about said, its all in how you edit.