1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd-9 to dvd-5 without ifoedit

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by amirza, Dec 23, 2002.

1. amirza

amirza Member

Hi
    Am trying to backup some movies onto dvd-r.
    Have used dvd decrytor in file mode to rip the
    video_ts.ifo
    video_ts.bup
    video_ts.vob
    and
    vts_03_0.ifo
    vts_03_0.bup
    vts_03_0.vob
    vts_03_1.vob
    vts_03_2.vob
    etc for the chapter containing the main movie.

These files add up to less than 4.3Gb.
    Can I burn the dvd-r with just these files into the video_ts directory using nero or will that not work for a standalone dvd player?
    Is it possible to do this burn from dvd decryptor?
    or do I really have to use ifoedit to strip it?
    Would appreciate someone filling in the gaps.
    cheers

2. SIDMAN007

SIDMAN007 Guest

the vob files are the actual movie files. by clicking on them you can watch them on your computer. BUP files are the extra's. To answer your question, ifo files act as pointers to sort the vob's into an order a stand alone player would recognise. Nero won't burn the disc without them too. Use Ifoedit to do the hard work for you.

3. talon

talon Guest

I think I'm correct in saying that the .bup files are backup files of the .ifo files. There not really used for anything unless the ifo file becomes corrupted. If I'm wrong please let me know in not to many words.

4. CAM

CAM Member

Can someone tell me how to use ifoedit.

5. amirza

amirza Member

Just noticed something odd
    Have been ripping dvds with Decryptor
    Up till now have only been successful backing up single layer DVDs by just reading/writing the image. These play fine on my standalone.
    All the DVD-9s I have attempted, I ripped the main movie parts and burned with Nero (5.5.9.14) to the VIDEO_TS dir ......
    However, when I play them on my standalone DVD player it refuses and comes up with a message saying Check Disk.
    However, yesterday I noticed that these unsuccessful backups play fine on my PS2 (UK version). I have been using Sony DVD-Rs for everything. Any have the foggiest what's going on? (scratching head)