1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD audio problem

Discussion in 'High resolution audio' started by firefx9, Mar 22, 2005.

1. firefx9

firefx9 Guest

I hope one of you hard core techs can figure this out. I have a dvd I purchased that I wanted to back up with DVD Shrink (I know...I already tried posting in the DVD Shrink thread, but no none could help so I came here) Anyway...I decrypt the dvd first and then open the files with Shrink. When I try to dvd shrink it the files show that they are WAY too large to fit on a dvd. I also tried re-authior mode and the files are too big. The files that are so large is the audio. (LPCM 2-ch Unspecified size 2,549 MB)The actual video is 2,898 MB and cannot be shrunken anymore. there is roughly about a gig of data that takes me over the size to fit on a dvd. Does anyone know how I can shrink the audio and place it back into the VOB format...or is there another way? Someone mentioned a proggie called "BE SWEET" But there are no instructions on how to get it to shrink / compress the audio and get it back into the VOB format for Shrink. Any help would be appreciated.

2. XNikoX

XNikoX Guest

go to google and search

3. firefx9

firefx9 Guest

Search???? Search for what? I came in here where there are a bunch of people pretty knowledgable in this area and you tell me to google? Are you kidding? Not funny!

4. Wolfgan

Wolfgan Member

You need to compress the audio to another format to gain space (obviously, loosing quality :-( , ie: MPEG1 layer 2

Check http://www.videohelp.com/dvd for audio alternatives. BTW, the program mentioned above is besweet (http://www.videohelp.com/tools?toolsearch=besweet)

Good luck, Wolf.

5. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

@ firefx9

Let's have a look at the forum rules - no multiposting and you've posted this three times ;)