1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-Audio & SACD Ripping

Discussion in 'Audio' started by georgie, Jan 5, 2003.

1. georgie

georgie Guest

Does anyone know how to rip these new high-rez audio formats? They are watermarked differently than DVD-Video.

Thanks,

George

2. S10Surfer

S10Surfer Member

Sorry I don't have an answer for you but since you are the only other person asking questions about Audio-DVDs, I thought I would post.

You don't happen to know how to write Audio-DVDs do ya?

3. georgie

georgie Guest

I'm sorry I don't. I have only got as far as ripping my CD collection to Microsoft Window new lossless Media format. I also plan on building a Hi-Fi Window's Media Center PC, when they release the OS for purchase. You should check it out it is definately the future of Home Networking.

Cheers,

George

4. Pio2001

Pio2001 Moderator Staff Member

There is no way to rip them yet.
    There is one soft capable of decrypting DVD-A audio : the DVDA player of the Soundblaster Audigy 2, and it mutes digital outputs and recording abilities when playing a DVDA.
    There is no program capable of decrypting an SACD yet.

5. dhpdaa

dhpdaa Member

There is a program called SurCode MLP($2,500.00) by Minnetonka that can do it.( CENCORED )u can download a demo from w**.minnetonkaaudio.com, but save is disable. They also have demo programs for DVD (AC3 and PCM format). ( CENSORED BY ADMIN )

Last edited: Jan 13, 2003
  6. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

User 'dhpdaa' has been warned. Reason: Illegal trading.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2003
  7. georgie

georgie Guest

What ever happened to freedom of speech? Last time I checked it wasn't illegal to make personal copies of legally obtained digital material. My understanding is that it is illegal to distribute that copyrighted material, which seems fair to me. But the content providers are missing a huge revenue opportunity if they continue to thwart people such as myself from making personal copies of digital material that I legally obtained. The result will be that I won't buy the new formats DVD-A and SACD because I can't digitize them. I already own over 700 cds so I will only be upgrading. The genie is out of the bottle you can't fight technology, roll with it!

George

8. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

georgie,

User 'dhpdaa' was requesting for cracks.

We cannot, nor will not allow trading on this forum. It is OUR ass on the line if IPSs or advertisers decide that this site/forum is a platform for piracy. Our topics are very border line cases, and there is a thin red line in what we can allow and what we cant.

Requesting or distributing cracks is not allowed. Requesting or distributing any illegal material is not allowed.