1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd backup loosing audio

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by epsos, Nov 5, 2004.

1. epsos

epsos Guest

i am really sorry lol i type to fast

i need 2 buy some more disc wondering does it matter what make wen copying dvds cus i hav bulbaq before and was going to get some more what do you think

2. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Nope, not a good choice, Get Ritek, they are inexpensive and excellent quality media.

I can't stress how important quality media is in DVD backup. I can't count the people whose problems I have solved just by changing their media.

It's not just a quality issue as was the mindset in CD burning, or VHS, etc. It is the fact of a burn actually playing or playing properly. Bad or inconsistent media causes jumping, skipping, freezing, and not playing at all.

I mention inconsistent because a lot of media will use different manufacturers and thus different batches will vary in quality even though you're buying the same brand. By using quality media you also eliminate media as a possibility when you do encounter a problem with burning DVD's.

Quality media doesn't mean expensive either. You can get Branded Riteks +R or -R for under .50 each w/free shipping. ALWAYS buy BRANDED media so you know what you are getting.

I would also suggest getting a little free app called dvdinfopro. Among it's many uses, it will analyze your media. I keep it on my desktop for easy access because it has so many useful features.

Here is a good reputable company with an excellent return policy and great prices for DVD media:

http://www.meritline.com/ritek-dvd-blank-media.html

Good luck and let us know how it goes :>)

Last edited: Nov 20, 2004
  3. brobear

brobear Guest

epsos
    Check out http://www.dvdshrink.info for some more quick guides on using DVD Shrink. There are some good guides with pictures to help show how things work. However the newer 3.2 version does have some added features over the 3.1 (quality settings and still image are 2 of the most notable).

4. epsos

epsos Guest

okay thankyou i will get ritek ones thankyou

5. epsos

epsos Guest

im having problems with copying copied dvds now why is this

6. brobear

brobear Guest

Quite possibly, you're doing something wrong. What program are you using to try to make the copies and what are you doing, step by step? Just telling us you have a problem doesn't give us much to go on. Copies of copies can be made with Shrink, but that sure isn't the route one should take. The copy utility in your recording suite is the best app for the job. Copies have no encryption and usually need no encoding; unless you're trying to copy a large DL disc copy to a 4.7 disc.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2004
  7. epsos

epsos Guest

im using 123 copy x or sumthink like that

i have brought these dvd of a market and want to make a back up but they say they are dual layer i am confused please help me thankyou

8. brobear

brobear Guest

Break down and buy something like Nero 6 Ultra Edition. Then get something like Shrink. Once you have these 2 programs loaded on your PC, do something like read the manuals. There are good quick start manuals at dvdshrink.info and more comprehensive ones at doom9.org. Nero has downloadable manuals you can view or download. So, there is no reason you can't operate these 2 programs from the directions unless you have a reading problem. Once you get the programs running, you can come back and ask some specific questions instead of asking that we try to write a "how to" for you on everything. Nero includes the copy utilities you'll need. Shrink is free. Nero has a 30 day full trial with unlimited downloads. So, there is no reason you shouldn't use these programs.

9. epsos

epsos Guest

ive sorted it now ive used shrink and nero i already have that as i know how to make vcd and i used 2 use that to burn so i jus used the guide that was already posted into this thread and i found out why it diddnt work first time it was the disc i was backing up was dodgey had no sound on my computer so i tiook it nbk n brought nuva one thanks to all of you for your help thankyou