1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd backup

Discussion in 'Software discussion' started by rtrg, Apr 6, 2017.

1. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

With all due respect as a casual user PAVTUBE FREE works as designed and seems to be current enough to take care of what I have in the way of DVDs. As I understand it this format is on it's way out anyway. I have not gotten more in a few years. No big issue for me. I am not a techie. Simple is best. VLC and POTPLAYER can record the discs although not the saved file. The other players work just as well. AVI is the default output. Quality is no better than the disc.

2. syxguns

syxguns Active member

Okay rtrg. as I have seen from your last several comment I see the following....
    PaveTube: a piece of garbage that you paid way to much money for!
    VLC: a media player that we all use because it plays many different types of formats (it's free and open source)
    DVD Ripper: You keep haggling on about WinX DVD Ripper, but are waiting on a CD!
    AVI vs. MP4: read the stats man! Everything should be converted to MP4 for a lot of reasons, although AVI is fine for Microsoft systems. We don't need heat from this, it's just a valid reason behind it.

You have got to give us a break at one time or another. scorpNZ and I have been doing this stuff for many years. We look at your posts and determine what the beast solution is. We then describe to you in detail the basics of what you need to do, and then coming from a TECHI point of view..............

It's a complete waste of our time. We have told you the steps to follow, and as Mez mentioned it is coming from experience. Now here is the real bummer for you. Wait until you have to deal with Cinavia! Scorp and I are old school, and we know the tricks. Coming at us with BS is a complete waste of my time. Take the time to learn or jump on the bus to nowhere!

Just my 2 cents, I've already told you the secrets, it's your turn to decipher them.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  3. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

I will leave all of you alone. thanks for your opinions.

4. syxguns

syxguns Active member

Not opinions, facts! We have paved the way down a miserable road of troubles to get where we are. We are trying to teach you the best methods to achieve what you desire, but with each direction we try to give, you just stick to what you want to do. I'm not saying that that is a bad thing, but many do not look at the obstacles ahead of them. Here is a list of my programs that I use:

1. AnyDVD HD ripper: most of my rips
    2. DVDFab ripper free: I use this to find out if Cinavia is on the disk and occasionally rip from it.
    3. DVD ReMake Pro: I use this for removing items from the DVD and changing menu's
    4. DVD Clone: I use this to reduce the size of the file and burn it.
    5. DVD Remaker: I use this for for higher quality if DVD Clone is not below 70%
    6. ImgBurn: Used to burn my DVD if I use DVD Remaker with H-264 on 2 passes.
    7. BD Clone: Used to rip Blu-Ray movie only. Sometimes to DVD9 if compression is high. Blu-Ray I have yet to figure out keeping a menu structure, so I just make a backup movie only with great video quality. If I want the extras, I normally burn them on a second disc. But who watches those extras anyway!
    All other software I mention I have used in the past until I was able to purchase a few of these programs.

I have been creating backups for years, and I know the pitfalls. In fact AD has a huge collection of members that have been around since the dawn of time in ripping.