1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Backups ..Thanks

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Hellblaze, Mar 4, 2005.

1. Hellblaze

Hellblaze Guest

Hi
    Im a newbie and would like to shout a big Thanks to all the people on here with all the relevant info to help me Back up my DVDs.I have been reading the site for a couple of weeks,and I thought Id have a go at copying using the software recommended.I have just backed up my first DVD using DVD Decryptor & Shrink and everything went fine.
    Thanks Again
    Hellblaze

2. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Its good to hear of your success!
    Come back when you need more help, or when you can help out.
    blaze on
    jD

3. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hellblaze, welcome to the wonderful world of dvd burning. Hang out with us here at ad.. Always something to learn from these super-studs.They can even help you save some dough on buying almost anything pc related.

Good Luck and burn on!!!

4. Hellblaze

Hellblaze Guest

Great Stuff
    What are the Best Blank DVDs to use?
    My DVD Rewriter is a BTC DRW10161m?
    Also where is the cheapest to Purchase them.
    Also thanks for the responses.
    Regards
    Hellblaze

5. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

According to videohelp.com/dvdwriters: You burner should like the maxell +4x,coded ricohjpn-01. I burn a lot of these and they are very good. Pretty much anything made by maxell is pretty safe.

The Best? Pioneer/taiyo yuden/mitsubishi/maxell/Hitachi/sony/fuji= All these that are made in Japan. Japan produces the finest media in the world.

Cheapest place to buy them? Depends how you want to purchase them.

Are you buying through a local store or off the web?

6. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

It may also depend on what your stand alones like,format and brand wise. They will tell you which media to use.If there is something wrong with your burn,you'll notice their usual issues on playback.

You've got a dual-format burner,so you have a lot more flexibility on finding what those players like. Don't buy a large amount of 1 certain type of media.Media quality can vary by switching quantity spindles. That's why I like maxell, all their manufacturers are very good,no matter what format,spindle size,and speed rating. A very safe brand to start with.You might want to pick up a 3 or 5 pack of maxell 4x in both plus and dash format and go from there.Some of those stand alone players are a pain in the keyster.

7. Hellblaze

Hellblaze Guest

Thanks for the Help.
    I was going to purchase the discs from the Net.
    I will try the Maxell discs and let you all know how I get on.

8. sot131

sot131 Member

Hi,
    Like Hellblaze I have been reading this Forum for a while now and using Decrypter and Shrink + of course the guides that you guys have written have backed up my first few DVD's without any problems.
    Thanks to all on a great forum.