1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD backwards compatability problem

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by RichieTD, Jan 8, 2007.

1. RichieTD

RichieTD Guest

I have a NEC DVD_RW ND-3500 drive.

Some months back I had flashed an update for it as Nero and other burners had problems with the Sony DVD-R x25 disks. Well after Christmas and many new DVD backups and recorded DVD-RW stuff from TV to R disks I had to get a new pack. Thought I'd try the ASDA own brand 25 pack DVD-R x8. Problem is that everytime I try to burn (although the disks are displaying DVD-R on my system)I keep getting ILLEGAL DISK message and burn aborted.

Any one else have problems like this? Do I need to re-flash my drive to an older version or are the disks just crap?

2. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

Your burner does not like the discs. If you still have the manual for your burner it should list the types it can use.

3. RichieTD

RichieTD Guest

dvd-r dvd+r dvd-rw dvd+rw. All the cd r & rw's as well.

Think mine goes up to x16 which should not be a problem as I have burned on DVD-r x8 x16 x25(@max x16) before.

4. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

Last edited: Jan 8, 2007
  5. RichieTD

RichieTD Guest

Click link to see screen grab of info.

http://h1.ripway.com/RichieTimeLord/temp/id.jpg

6. MysticE

MysticE Active member

Use the discs that worked for you. As was noted your burner simply does not like the new ones. One size does not fit all.

7. RichieTD

RichieTD Guest

Update. Got somemore disks and had the same problem (differant make and x16) managed to flash (finaly) and they worked, Funny as thw original ones I had now also work.