1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD burn problems Asus P4B533-e and LiteOn 16x

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by nomore1, Mar 22, 2005.

1. nomore1

nomore1 Member

I have a asus p4b533-e Intel 2.4 with 2 Western digital drives in a raid
    (mirror) config, 1 GB of memory, Nvidia video, liteon CD-RW and matsuma (sp?)
    DVD.

I just installed a liteon DVD +- RW and it won't work. It does not run and stops
    half way through the DVD burn. I tried everything. Making it the primary on the
    first id channel, making it secondary on the first id channel, making it
    Primary on the second id channel, making it secondary on the second id channel

It just doesn't burn. I need help!!! OH I installed the same dvd in an ABIT
    computer with 550 mhz and 512 memory and it burns just fine.

Any Ideas Any One ?

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

What DVD burning programs do you have loaded on your system, and what proggy are you using to burn with?

3. nomore1

nomore1 Member

I tried super dvd clone, 1clickdvdcopy, dvdx copy, clone dvd 2

They all write about 3/4 of the way through and then bomb.

After changing the order in the ide order 1st bacnk primary and secondary and 2nd back primary and secondary I am now bombing about 3/4 way through the read

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

OK get rid of all of your burning proggys from the computer, and then pick one to use and try that one.

Also what brand and type of media are you using?

You may need to update your firmware for your DVDRW drive go to Liteon.com and get the latest firmware for your drive.

5. nomore1

nomore1 Member

Yep I did that.

Updated the firmware on the dvd burner. Uninstalled all dvd copy programs and went back to restore point that was take b4 I started to install all this dvd copy software. Then I installed super dvd copy and tried it again.

About 3/4 of the way throught if blew. I finally put the drive in a friends machine, installed super dvd copy, copied the vedio file sthat super dvd copy made on my machine acroos the network and then burnded a good DVD on the friend's machine.

I think it may have something to do with the 4 IDE spigots I have on this mobo. All are on the mobo, 2 are "(IC Promise PDC20276, 2 channel IDE, supports ATA33/66/100/133 & RAID 0, 1 with a support of up to 4 ATAPI-devices)" 2 are "2 channel UltraDMA/100/66/33 Bus Master IDE (supports up to 4 ATAPI-devices"