1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd burner doed not recognise blank dvds

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by billorr, Nov 29, 2004.

1. billorr

billorr Member

asus motherboard celeron 2.4 256ram 80 gig hd windows xp etc.etc.etc
    no matter what I do reinstalled windows nero 6 different burners ,nec, pioneer dvr-108
    tried deepburner
    does not recognise blank dvd media,
    when i right click dvd player in autoplay dvd blank is not listed
    am is so so dumb

2. animedvds

animedvds Member

does this only happen w/blank disks?

3. john179

john179 Active member

Have you tried different media or is this one batch of media.If it is one batch of media maybe it may be faulty media.Have you ensured you DMA is set to on for your writers.This can be found going in to control panel under systems then diver management and you should be able to check under the propertys of each drive.Also if you have installed different burner have you ensured you have the master and slave setting correct.

If you have a writer running off the same ide lead as your hard drive this should then be set to slave.If you have both writers installed on a seperate ide lead to that of the hd then one to master and one to slave.

I would do the following as it is probably something small that needs a slight alteration.

1. Try a different media if you have not already done.
    2. Ensure all your drivers are connected up to your ide leads correctly and set correctly.
    3. Ensure the DMA is switched on.
    4. When your sure all of this is corrct re install your burning software one by one.Some burning softwares can cause conflict with others causing both not to work so do one by one and testing each as you go along.If all this is right you should not have a problem then.If you do just ask for more help myself or someone else will be on hand to help.

4. heybilly

heybilly Regular member

Just use nero's info tool to see what media your burner supports.