1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD BURNER FAILS

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Bavan, Feb 1, 2005.

1. Bavan

Bavan Member

I HAVE GOT A LG DVD BURNER [16X, DUAL LAYER]. I TRIED BURNING A DVD ISO WITH DVD DECRYPTER, NERO, NTI CD/DVD CREATOR, AND EASY CD/DVD CREATOR [RIOXI]. THEY ALL FAIL BURNING AT ABOUT 70-80%. WHY IS IT HAPPENING. I ALSO TRIED A DVD LENS CLEANER ON BOTH OF MY DVD-ROM AND DVD-RAM DRIVES. WHY DO U THINK IT FAILS? I HAVE TRIED LIKE ABOUT 30 DVD'S AND THEY ALL FAILED. WHEN I BURN CD OR MP3, I BURNS FINE, WHAT DO U THINK IS THE PROBLEM?....PLZ HELP ME IF U CAN..AM SOO SAD. I CANT BURN WITH MY BURNER CUZ I JUST BOUGHT IT 2 MONTHS AGO. TO BUY THIS AURNER, I HAD A BIG ARGUEMENT AT MY HOUSE. PLZ HELP ME... WHEN I BURN IT WITH DVD DECRYPTER, I SAYS INVALID FORMAT OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT....

BAVAN:)-

2. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

First off you need to shutoff your cap lock,its considered shouting(against forum rules btw) and I can hear just fine.

One problem I see, is you have both nero, and roxio.Roxio conflicts with alot of burning programs, especially nero.
    Try removing roxio, and all its remnants with this zapper:http://www.microadvantage.net/downloads/zapper60.zip

You also want to make sure you dont have any packet writting software, like InCd(nero) or whatever roxio's equivalent is.
    Once you get rid of Roxio, see if that doesnt cure your problems.
    good luck
    jim

3. Bavan

Bavan Member

i tried removing rioxo puugins and registry with the program u told me, but never help........ it fail's a 73% all the time... what can i do.........

4. LivnDGirl

LivnDGirl Regular member

What media are you using? (What brand as much info as possible)
    Did you burn 30 coasters with the same media?
    If so that's at least part of the problem.

I have an LG burner (super multi external 16x) too and using the software included with DVD decrypter and dvd shrink, have never had any problems.

I am using Verbatim DVD+R 4x speed from Sam's Club - no coasters ever at any speed burn.

Look up and on the third tab above go to the guides, check your settings in both programs.

Relax and change one thing at a time only until you figure it out.

It's probable that you have "verify" settings enabled and it is hanging up.

You didn't mention your PC specifications or free hard disk settings. You could be simply running out of room to work with. Don't use your pc at all while attempting the next try.

We need you to read the FAQ and post all the info it asks for.

/hug

Last edited: Feb 1, 2005
  5. Bavan

Bavan Member

what is 30 coasters

6. Bavan

Bavan Member

what do u mean by "Did you burn 30 coasters with the same media?"

7. Bavan

Bavan Member

LivnDGirl give me ur email....... i have 40 gb left on my hd

8. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

A coaster, is a dvdr that you burned that wont play.I never thought they made good coasters, with the big hole in the middle, but thats what we call them around here.
    Since dumping Roxio didnt work, then I agree with LivnDGirl.The next step is to change your media i.e. what brand of discs your using.
    What shes asking you is...when you got these 30 bad burns, did you ever try changing the brand of discs your using?
    It might be a problem thats fixed as easy as buying good dvdr blanks.
    try going with BRANDED(the name stamped on them)taiyo yuden,verbatim,or ritek(altho the riteks have become questionable as of late so be careful with these)

Another good idea is to get some dvdrw's until you get your problems figured out.