1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD burner not recognized by Windows XP

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by sparksman, Oct 20, 2007.

1. sparksman

sparksman Member

I am stumped and need some help. I will try to give as much info as possible, so bear with me, it may be a little lengthy.
    I recently rebuilt my desktop computer. New motherboard, memory, power supply, graphics card. Kept the same DVD burner combo drive. Installed XP and everything was working great. Except for the burner.
    Everytime I put in a DVD +R it won't recognize it. It says it is a CD. On the other hand, Nero 6 will show it as a DVD +R and burn, but Nero Express won't give me any options for DVD burning. I have to go into the start smart icon where it is recognized. I have updated the firmware, uninstalled and re-installed the drive. Nothing seems to work. I have tried everything that I can find in all the forums to no luck.
    Maybe I need a new DVD burner. I just don't understand why Nero can recognize it and burn data and Video DVD's but no other programs can. Hope someone can help. Thanks!

2. ianski7

ianski7 Guest

Hi, what other programs cant see the drive or dvd?