1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd burner only works with one kind of media

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Kustom, Mar 3, 2005.

1. Kustom

Kustom Guest

bbmayo

thanks I d/l the firmware, installed it, and presto it read the dvd I was trying to use. It also wrote to them just fine. thanks for the help

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

No problem!! Glad you got her working :)

3. tsquare43

tsquare43 Regular member

bbmayo:

Wasn't aware that I had committed a faux pas. I posted what I did because in a couple of places in the thread, Kustom mentioned that he had a LiteOn that was recognized as being "generic". I also have a LiteOn and was curious as to how it would show up so I D/L'd the identifier program and posted what it showed. My other question dealt with why my dvd-rom did not show up. I never meant it to be a "double post" because I did not post this question anywhere else. My understanding of a "double post" is to post the same thing in more than one thread -- I did not do this.

I'm here to learn from several of you guys who seem to have a lot of knowledge. Wasn't trying to hijack/double post at all. Just posting an observation about the LiteOn burner.

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

No harm no foul tsquare43 :)