1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd burner problem

Discussion in 'ratDVD discussion, help and suggestions' started by tabbykats, Sep 12, 2007.

1. tabbykats

tabbykats Guest

I recently rebooted my system and my burner was working fine until today for some reason today it doesnt want to burn at all i keep getting burn failed. Not sure what to do because i cant seem to find the installation disc that came with the burner. Its a BENQs dw1650.

2. Ripper

Ripper Active member

What type of burn errors are you getting? Does My Computer recognise your drive as a DVD Drive?

3. tabbykats

tabbykats Guest

failure to burn and thats all it says.i switched software and it seems to have corrected problem.

4. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Just out of interest, what software were you using before and what are you using now?

5. tabbykats

tabbykats Guest

for burning avi to dvd files was using dvd flick then shrink with nero i switched to convertxtodvd it does all in one. i have used same stuff thought it was burner at first so i sent all the spect. to the benq company thinking my driver was outdated then updated my firmware nothing helped. So i switched and everything is running smooth again. I also use ripit4me with fixvts and shrink with nero to back up my personal dvds( got messy kids).

6. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Alrighty, well, no problems with anything you were using, probably just a hiccup along the way.

Anyway, glad it's sorted and happy burning!