1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd burner

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by gegewawa, Feb 16, 2004.

1. gegewawa

gegewawa Member

how do you burn mpegs onto a dvd r so that they also work in a regualr dvd player. is mpeg the right format to be played on a dvd player? if not, what is it? when i burn the files, do i burn them as data? if not, what is it?

2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

MPEG to VOB (which is DVD file) can done using Nero Vision Express 2...an mpeg2 to DVD plug in might be needed.
    You can either when using above software save to HDD or burn to disc (Nero will burn automaically as DVD-Video in a VIDEO_TS folder) so as to be compatible on a stand alone DVD player !!: )

3. gegewawa

gegewawa Member

i have read other people's tread and one of them said that sonic mydvd works like Nero and its prolly better than nero.... and i have that program. should i just stick with that program? all my files are mpeg, do i have to convert them into a different format before i burn them? or it would just do so automaticly?

4. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Well if you're gonna go for Sonic MyDVD , I'd ask whoever said that it was better than Nero.
    I don't & haven't ever used it myself...