1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Burners

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by hammer931, Mar 2, 2005.

1. ctbeagles

ctbeagles Guest

Why are you so unhappy with the Benq 1620? I am curious because I'm trying to make my best choice in buying one which I was going to try to do today.

2. cougar_ii

cougar_ii Regular member

Hi there,

I only have DVD-R at home, and it will not burn any of them with Nero 6.6

Giving all sorts of errors, and one of them is bitsetting not supported on DVD-R.

Drive might work with an other software, but hey I have nero, it has to work.

I heard lots of other people saying they love the drive, but my Philips DVD8631 Cross Flashed to a BenQ DW1620 just won't cope with me !

So I've decided to get rid of the drive.

Right now, I have 3 drives I'm interrested in:

LG 4163B since I am very very happy with my LG 4040B(4X) drive.

Plextor 716A

Pioneer 109

This is why I'm asking around which of these 3 drives people like the most.

Sorry for the BenQ Lovers, they can have mine when it's out of the PC :)

3. mrman

mrman Regular member

i too stil got my lg 4040B...its still the only burner i use. I have no use of getting another one because its best to burn at 4x anyways. I have backed up over 500 movies/games with it and i use it as a reader too because i dont have a rom. I have heard very good things abot 4163B. It suposidly writes at 16x faster then any of the other brands.
    http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/Reviews/Home.aspx?CategoryId=1
    check that site out it has reviews on all the drives that your looking into this might help u make your deceision :)