1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Burnign Screwup

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by Daemon404, Apr 6, 2005.

1. Daemon404

Daemon404 Regular member

I can't seem to burn my DVD-RW's anymore... It burns it, and then it hangs at "synchronizing cache". I've tried nero, alcohol, and dv decrypter. I just want to bu8rn a small 10 mb image ofa converted divx file.i have to erase the discs every time, which is a pain in teh ass, as it takes up to 40 mins each. What is wrong, and how can i fix it. I hope to god this doesnt affect my normal DVD-R burning.

2. Daemon404

Daemon404 Regular member

By the way, i'm using a LG Super-Multi DVD Writer that supports DVD +R(W), -R(W), -ROM, -RAM, Dual Layer DVD's, Audio, Video, Photo, etc.

3. Daemon404

Daemon404 Regular member

Please, someone help, I need to know this.

4. bjj

bjj Member

you can get incd when the dvd is formatted in incd you can use it like a floppy just keep adding to it day after day up to 99 times then it needs to be erased.

5. bjj

bjj Member

oh yea its called ahead software nero in cd.

6. Daemon404

Daemon404 Regular member

I have InCD. Will it play on my DVD Player though? My DVD player can play DVD-RW's, i know, ive doen that.

7. Daemon404

Daemon404 Regular member

Well, a I suspected, InCd failed. It burnt fine, but didnt play on my DVD Player. I uses the INCDFS filesystem, not UDF. That advice was a suseful as a rock to my head. I really need help. What is with the Synchronizing Cache thing? I really need, help. Why is nobody responding? They don't play either, because it doesnt ebven burn the LeadOut.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2005
  8. LivnDGirl

LivnDGirl Regular member

I have that same burner and recently had to upgrade the USB/Firewire bridge when I had errors burning with Nero. Upgrade your firmware if you are not using the most current.

This is my current info: A302 is the firmware version I am using.
    HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-5160D A302 (USB)

I have no experience with small files and playing on a stand alone dvd player, so no help there. But whatever you do you will have to finalize the disk before a stand alone will recognize the dvd. Also, your media may be bad. Or you may be trying to burn at an unsupported speed. The below article is in depth on the external version I have.
    Maybe it's close to what you own.
    http://www.cdfreaks.com/article/176

On InCD - I never allow that crap to load on my machine. Uninstall it unless you have some compelling reason to keep it. I can't think of one myself. It is known to cause problems.

You are giving no information on your system, your media, nor posting logs from the programs you are trying to do this with.

Before insulting anyone else who is trying to help you, you might want to take a break from the problem and get your perspective back. You, a junior member, just bit the head off a newbie who at least tried to help you. =(

Last edited: Apr 11, 2005
  9. Daemon404

Daemon404 Regular member

I dont think thats the same burner as mine. I have a HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4163B. I have no idea where to go ti get firmware updates, or even how to check my firmware version. An i can't really post logs.. i dotn know if DVD Decrypter keeps logs, same goes for alcohol.

10. LivnDGirl

LivnDGirl Regular member

In DVD Decrypter, Tools, Settings, under the Events tab, On Exit ... check save logs and tell it where below.

LG's website has the firmware updates or you can google.

11. Daemon404

Daemon404 Regular member

A link would be nice. I tried their website, i can't find anything... i hate navigation hardware sites. Next time i try to burn, i willpost a log if it fails.

P.S. How do i find out my firmware version.

12. bjj

bjj Member

has the file you are trying to burn been converted from divx to dvd if it has you will never be able to add to it you always have to erase the disk its not like data the whole file structure is writen in such a way that makes this impossible if it is divx then incd should work fine i do it all the time and you need udf to read this formatt on some pc's you need to d/load a udf reader driver.by the way youre dvd player can play divx cant it you have checked only the newest ones do (like mine).

13. Daemon404

Daemon404 Regular member

I know exactly what im doing in terms of authoring, ive doen it before. And, no, it wasn't converted from DivX.

P.S. Learn to use capitals and periods in you scentences.

14. bjj

bjj Member

I know exactly what im doing in terms of authoring, ive doen it before. And, no, it wasn't converted from DivX.

P.S. Learn to use capitals and periods in you scentences. how can you lecture me about spelling and punctuation check out the spelling in the last post dude go back to school and its not polite to jibe some body thats trying to help you if you now so much then why oh why ask for help and as if it is even possible to burn a dvd file structure and keep adding to it as if it was data p.s i suggest that the next time you ask for help you are a bit more thankfull when you get it even if its not what you are looking for. (doen) whats that and spaces after every punctuation mark hahahahahahahahaha.bye bye little boy

15. Daemon404

Daemon404 Regular member

I don't want to keep adding data. I simply want to burn an ISO.

Also, yes, i know i have very bad spelling and grammar when I type too fast.

16. bjj

bjj Member

alcohol 120% is a good image burning app you dont have to burn the image you can mount it on a virtual drive to access the data,its really good for games,dvd decrypter can burn iso,if you use nero to erase the disk then it will take about 15 seconds the disk doesnt have to be physicaly deleted,just formatted so the drive thinks its been deleted after a 15 second delete you can use it like a new one,open nero and click erase disk then click on quick erase in the drop down menu.

17. Daemon404

Daemon404 Regular member

I know that. Thats nto the probem though. If you read the top youd see this:

18. LivnDGirl

LivnDGirl Regular member

19. Daemon404

Daemon404 Regular member

The page says

But i did find the firmware on lge.ca.