1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd burning and poor playback

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by hodge725, Jan 1, 2005.

1. hodge725

hodge725 Guest

i am using DVD shrink and then burning with nero 6 on win xp using maxwell DVD-R 1-4x speed on a EMPREX DRW 1008, burning seems to go without any problems but on playback on my DVD player is alright for a while but then it gets all jittery and pixelation or sometimes just stops, i have slowed my write speed down to 2x to see if that works but to no avail. i have even tried different software inc.. cloneDVD and 123 copyDVD but to no avail, so can someone please help me as it is getting a bit irritating now.. Thank You

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hey Hodge, what media and burnspeed are you using?

3. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Sorry, i missed the maxwell -4x.Or are these maxell -4x? Did you try at 1x?

You said player, is this your pc player or stand alone player. Your pc (the drive that burned it) should be able to play its own backups.

When you are in the process of ripping,encoding and burning, do you have all the background apps turned off?

It sounds like that stand player don't like that particular media. It usually doesn't matter what programs you ripped and burned,when it comes to dvd burning,files are files.Using the other programs to try to fix it does help narrow it down.

If the 1x speed and turning off background apps don't help, try some tdk's -4x.

4. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

*moved from dvd ripping*

I would first try different media.

5. Dvdc0pier

Dvdc0pier Member

Yeah, I burned Dead Presidents & it has some wierd playback issues. Like it plays fine but then the codec gets all funky. Like green blocks start showing, maybe it my dvd player.

6. esooty84

esooty84 Member

Hi,

have you tried loading the latest firmware for you burner? This has fixed one of my friends!

Hope this Helps

7. Dvdc0pier

Dvdc0pier Member

Yes, I installed latest firmware for m burner the 1st day I got it.

I have a Sony DRU710-a.

I think it's DVD-shrink vs. Clonedvd. I think shrink is better.

8. ljb

ljb Member

I've had the same problem with same drive using DVD-r from Imation, so tried DVD+r from Mr. DVD - these have so far failed to burn/close the session rendering disk as coaster. Just upgraded firmware to 0159 and will try again with DVD-r, at slow speed and see what happens. (firmware from www.emprex.com via liveupdate - if you get illegal operation, don't close the window, just carry on until upgrade completes - seemed to work for me from 0055 to 0159).