1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD BURNING HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by 2pistolz, Mar 24, 2007.

1. 2pistolz

2pistolz Member

FOR SOME REASON WHEN I BURN A MOVIE I CAN'T PLAY IT ON A DVD PLAYER BUT I COULD PLAY IT ON MY COMPUTER, WHY IS THAT, IM USING BURN4FREE

2. LABOY

LABOY Regular member

Generally, when a dvd will play on one device, e.g. your computer and not on another e.g. a standalone player, it is due to disk incompatibility. Standalone player are more finicky than computer DVD players. What brand of media are you using, is it +R or -R, have you tried booktyping (bitsetting) +R media. TY or Verbatim +R media that is booktyped will generally play on all devices.

BTW: note the forum rules. ALLCAPS denote shouting and should not be used extensively...

Last edited: Mar 24, 2007
  3. 2pistolz

2pistolz Member

i was understanding you until u lost me when u said this: What brand of media are you using, is it +R or -R, have you tried booktyping (bitsetting) +R media. TY or Verbatim +R media that is booktyped will generally play on all devices. if ur talking about my dvd r dvd's, they are nexxtech rw, cheap brand, but they have worked b4

4. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

Basically use better media, and u r finding out why cheap media is cheap.
    The best chance u have of ur dvds playing is using Taiyo Yuden or verbatims, as they are the most compatible.

u might need a firmware update for ur burner and that might help with the current media u r using.

BTW u can get the best media for about the same price as the other crap.

as far as booktyping goes, first u need a burner that does it, then u need +R dvds, it looks like u r using +,-RW's though.
    they are nexxtech rw,

that could also be the reason why ur player doesn't play them.
    if u post ur Burner make,model and firmware we can tell u if the burner is capable of booktyping.

so the easiest thing to do is try -R's as they seem more compatible then +R's(not booktyped)

one last note, BookTyping changes the dvd format to DVD-ROM which is the universal format for all dvd players, so that is why Booktyping is the best for compatibility