1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD burning issues with Pinnacle Studio 11

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by jeremycb, Aug 30, 2007.

1. jeremycb

jeremycb Member

I have yet to burn a watchable DVD with Studio. I've been importing AVI files (mostly of widescreen movies) and adding audio tracks. I use Studio to convert them to MPEG-2, then burn to DVD. Play the MPEG file back, it looks great. Play the DVD back on my PC, looks great. But play it on ANY standalone DVD player and it's rotten. The picture stretches to take up the entire screen--like watching the film through a door's peephole. What am I doing wrong?

(BTW, under "Project format" I have it set to "Set from first clip added to project." Oh, and--I've tried burning Studio's MPEGs with Nero Vision as well. Same problem.)

2. jfrench

jfrench Member

jeremycb,

I don’t know that it would matter, but you don’t need to export to an MPEG-2 file before burning to DVD. It just seems like an extra step. I don’t know how many DVD players you have tried, but make sure that they are set properly to output 16:9 video. It should put black bars on the screen. Something you can do to test if the Studio created DVD is correct is to either: (1) Use the DVD Import feature of Studio and see if the imported video is 16:9, or (2) Try a software DVD player on your computer like WinDVD. If you do not have one, you might be able to download a trial. This would at least tell you if it was an actual issue with the disc.