1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd burning on HP pavilion 576x / Pinnacle instant cd/dvd

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Tubaryan, Jan 23, 2005.

1. Tubaryan

Tubaryan Member

Hello all,

I am trying to install a dvd burner on a HP Pavilion 576x, 40gb,512mb ram,shared video 48mb max.Pinnacle Instant cd/dvd 8, dvd decrypter, samsung 16x dual layer burner.

Decrypter works fine and gives me a rip that I can watch with WinDVD4. However, when I use Pinnacle to compress and burn the video in the preview screen has a blueish hue to it and the software will not allow it to burn. I have cleaned the registry of known issues, updated video drivers, deleted all other software on the machine that can burn a dvd, etc. and I still get the same result. Has anyone else run into this and know how to solve it? Is there a problem with this video chipset or this computer in general? btw....I can burn data with this setup....it just cant handle the video.

2. brobear

brobear Guest

What is the operating system and how much free space is left on the hard drive? Does the original ripped HD file from Decrypter show the blue tint before any encoding?

3. Tubaryan

Tubaryan Member

windows xp home,20gb freeon HD, and the HD files from decrypter are normal..no blue hue

Last edited: Jan 23, 2005
  4. brobear

brobear Guest

OK At least it appears the rip is good. Download a trial recording program. CloneDVD2 from Slysoft or DVDCopy3 from Intervideo are both good. DVDCopy3 is the best. Make sure you have your windows updated. The latest version of Direct X needs to be installed if it hasn't been updated (comes in windows update). Try recording the ripped file with the trial program. That will tell you if the problem is isolated to the Pinnacle app.