1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Burning Problems-DVD Decrypter

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jokath, Oct 27, 2004.

1. jokath

jokath Member

I bought my Plextor DVD Burner a few months ago and have been using DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter to burn movies since I bought it with absolutely no problems at all. I used ScubaPete's instructions and everything worked well. All of a sudden I cannot burn the DVD's. The DVD Shrink goes smoothly but when DVD Decrypter comes up and I insert my DVD it shows that the drive is Ready and when I click the arrow to burn it appears to be working but all it shows in the detail is Writing Leadin and hangs up.
    I have went into Device Manager and uninstalled the DVD Software and rebooted, it reinstalled the DVD, I was hoping that would fix the problem but no luck. All I'm doing is accumulating coasters. Can someone help with this problem, surely its not my DVD after just a few months. Oh, I did go in after the problem started and downloaded the newest version of DVD Decrypter, but that did help either.

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi jokath, welcome to aD,

First off, why aren't you using an RW disc until you get your problem sorted out ?

Next, what media are you using ? Name ? Type ?

Last, have you printed out the guide and gone over every setting - one at a time to make positive all is good in "Whoville"?

Get back to me and let me know -

Pete

3. jokath

jokath Member

Thanks for the quick response. You will have to bear with me as I'm not sure if I know exactly what you are asking me.

1) I am using Verbatim DVD+R My DVD burner is a
    DVD+-RW. (I think:))

I just went in to check each of my setting from your guide and got the following error message. I think I am really screwed up now. Why would it be searching for a SCSI/ATAPI device?

I 21:23:40 DVD Decrypter Version 3.5.1.0 started!
    I 21:23:40 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)
    I 21:23:40 Initialising SPTI...
    I 21:23:40 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

In order for the software to communicate with your burner you need an ASPI Layer - read this and use the tools to check for your firmware also -

Let's go over your DVD burner's basics, Okie, Dokie ?

For that we'll have to turn on the TV to "The Wide Warped World of Sports," already in progress :)

(Our advertiser's here for a few words first - )

Remember fans, while watching our sports spectacular always check your DMA mode. When our PC gets "cranky" and "out of sorts", it could be you've slipped from your DMA mode to your PIO Mode. As we all know, it could happen to anyone. Why not go into Device Manager, and under IDE ATA/ ATAPI Controllers, check your Primary IDE Channel (where your burner should be) to see if your Current transfer under Advanced settings is set to DMA while we head to our broadcast site where we'll catch up to ScubaPete, and our show which is already in progress -

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device/storage/IDE-DMA.mspx

First, to our sports announcer "ScubaPete" at the local ball field -

Hi folks, nice of you to join us -
    (hey ball boy, gimme a beer, "K" ?)

First up to bat this inning, our all star, ASPI- let's check his bio - ASPI likes to sandwich himself between the software and the burner, allowing fast and precise communication and smooth performance.

Here's some additional information about the ASPI layer –

http://cd-rw.org/articles/archive/aspisetup.cfm

First we see if he'll join the lineup by way of Adaptec ASPI layer OR Nero ASPI.

Sometimes ASPI is reluctant to join so we may have to "Force" him by using "Force ASPI."

We'll find all of those links and some more information here -

http://cd-rw.org/articles/archive/aspisetup.cfm

Once he's in place, it's good to check on ASPI, here's a good tool for just that, it's called ASPI Checker -

http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/su...nguage=English+US&filekey=aspichk.exe&sess=no

Taking a short break while a fan streaks the field, we're switching you to the All World Golf Tournament and ScubaPete 2 at the clubhouse -

(hey) "High Ball," (I mean,) Hi ya'all, Stupid-Pete, I mean ScubaPete. Are we set ready for Firmware ? Well G R E A T !

We'll be going out to the links (while I get anudder rink) to check our Firmware for our burner of choice -
    The Firmware, as we might remember, is our burner's tutor, keeping our DVD burner "tweaked". It makes sure our burner can "speak" to as many different Mfgrs of media, as quickly and precisely as possible - We're always looking for the most recent upgrade -

To check on our firmware we'll need a little "kweel tool" which we can get from here -

http://flashman.rpc-1.com/

At the bottom of the page look for "What's my firmware? - Try this little tool I found," Download this tool and check out your Firmware's health (up-to-date wise). You can probably get a current upgrade there also -

If you haven't gotten the proper firmware - back you go to get your upgrade – available at the Firmware page –

http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_all.php
    You cannot be without it -

"Time to take a break from our sports broadcast and transfer you back to ScubaPete at the bar, . . . Huuuuummmm, ScubaPete, I say, ScubaPete . . . has anyone seen ScubaPete what, ". . , wha . . he's under the wha . .

"Sorry Ladies and Gentlemen, ScubaPete seems to be under the, ahhhhhh, the . .Ahhhhh, weather, yea, that's it, He's under the weather . " (Psssst, BigOrange, get you feet offin da ScubaPete's head, we don't want him on the floor all nite . .

Someone ship him back to A/D, alrighty ?

Hey guys, lQQk what we found under him, it lQQks like a NEC Burner page in case someone has an NEC burner and nothing else works for'em – We may as well leave it with the camera man – Here Lou, you take it - http://www.de.nec.de/softwareoverview2.php/id/557

"Well folks, we've lost our signal but, we hope your DVD Burner is now all that it can be, . . . G'nite all – "

Remember, when looking for a guide with a very seriously troubled and disturbed personality, shop ScubaPete -

Cheers, and let me know how you do -

Pete

Ooohh yea, I was asking why you didn't use a +RW disc (rewritable) disc so if it didn't work you could use it again without losing a single write disc. Everyone should have 1 or 2 RW discs to practice on :)

"P"

_X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    The “old man” Pete (ö¿ô)
    Compaq 8000, Pent IV CPU 2.84GHz, 1024MB RAM, 520GB HD.
    Pioneer 107, 8X R/W , Nec R/W ND-1300A, JLMS DVD ROM.
    128MB GeForce4 TI 4200, O/S XP[/small]

Last edited: Oct 28, 2004
  5. jokath

jokath Member

Thanks for the info Pete. This will take some time, which I wont have until tomorrow. Will get back to you with the results. Thanks again.
    Oh, I meant to tell you that I can read from the DVD but cant write to it. Is your response still the same procedure??
    Kathy

Last edited: Oct 29, 2004
  6. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi Kathy,

Yes, dealing with the upgrades I recommended willl be dealing with writting, Let's get that stuff done :)

Pete