1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD BURNING PROBLEMS

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by shady76, Mar 9, 2004.

1. shady76

shady76 Member

Ive just started to back up my dvd collection,but some films go glitchy,pause,jump,stutter,automatically skips the trailers/menus and starts to play the film.

im using dvd shrink with nero 6,burning on NEC 1300A writer,ive used a few dvd-r brands,infiniti,bulkpaq orange etc,all i seem to do is waste disks all the time and not finding it funny any more.

I'm playing them on my ps2 and pacific dvd player,the ps2 being the more tempremental of the two.

Ive saved all of my burning etc software onto my c drive but i store the films from shrink onto my f/slave drive,would this effect anything ? ie having to keep jumping from different harddrives ?

if it helps c drive is fat32 and f drive is ntfs

would it pay me to put all the burning software over to the f drive with the films ?

Ive ran outta ideas,im losing patience,so any replies would be very welcome cheers.

2. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

stay with your c drive or put them in a temporary file called (whateveryouwant) and try some good blank disc's (also called media) I personally use memorex dvd+r and burn it the slowest possible speed I can, that way I get less errors such as the one's you have.
    -I also use shrink and nero6-
    PS. alot of people like to use Ritek g04, they seem to be more compatible with differnt dvd player's- I have yet to use this media :)

3. shady76

shady76 Member

ok cheers bud

4. movie_777

movie_777 Member

It should not matter whether you have the software on one drive and the DVD files on another. That is the way I have alwaays done it and I have never had a problem. Although I would suggest you change the one drive from FAT32 to NTFS. It will give you more stability.

Thanks