1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd burning trouble...

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jaxx1972, Apr 6, 2005.

1. jaxx1972

jaxx1972 Member

Im new to all this so be easy on me. I have a plextor 16x burner and use dvd shrink and dvd decryptor when needed.I was running windows me and had no problem with my first 4 or 5 tries at burning.I decided to upgrade to xp and installed 2 larger harddrives.Now when I burn a disc everything works the same, when done its comes up and says its was created successfully.Then if I try to play it, it wont play in computer or home units. Computer says to insert a disc and home unit says disc error.Thanks for any help and advise in advance.

2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

i would go over all settings! you may have changed someting?

3. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

@Rotary - what's happened there, looks like you're being attacked (Norton popup in your reply)

4. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

yes its norton AV for internet it pops up now and again with "so called attacks????" but it says it stopped them, i turned off notification for that rule, so it should be seen anymore but i updated a big update at symantec and it all come back so i grabbed it as subseven is serious!!!!

5. Slotstick

Slotstick Member

...believe it or not the type of media you use might be causing this problem...I have run into the same problem you have...I tried a different type (ex. Instead of using that SHIT MAXELL media, try using Prodisc or something else)..and by the way, Prodisc isnt my personal favorite. Its reallly all about personal prefrence and the type of burner you have (Some burners work better with certain brands of media) I hope my response sparks up some interesting replies. What is everyones burner? and what have you found to be the best media type for it??? (in terms of quality, etc, etc, etc)
    =)
    ~Nick~

6. creaky

it's probably compatibility, or crappy media, could be firmware or burn speed etc etc. Need more to go on from jaxx1972 tho..

7. jaxx1972

jaxx1972 Member

The media Im using is memorex and its off the same spindle I used before upgrade.Ive tried 4x, 8, 16x and had no luck.Actually when I try to play it in my computer it starts to spin it then it stops then it spins and stops over and over and the only way to stop it so you can do something else is to eject the disc.Ive burned with nero and roxio.Same problem with both software.I have about 8 coasters now and it gets frustrating.Thanks again Jaxx

8. creaky

'memorex' . say no more I should really ask 'do you use memorex' initially to threads like this . have a look here - http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm

and if you want to see how bad memorex are for most ppl out there, type memorex into search box at top of page..Memorex farm out the production of discs to all and sundry. You need some decent media.