1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Burning with Nero and Alcohol Help!!!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Chrono_T, Dec 18, 2004.

1. Chrono_T

Chrono_T Guest

Hello Every1, Ok i have just began to use nero 6.6.0.1 and alcolhol 120%, i am able to make an image of a dvd with alcohol and everytime i go to burn it it always says
    Disc in drive does not have enough space for the required image. Nero also says this.

Can anyone help me here, how am i suppose to burn a 7GB image on an empty DVD of 4.7GBs with alcohol or nero any suggestions will help.......

2. brobear

brobear Guest

Why use alcohol at all? Nero has Recode, which will encode a DVD and size it to fit the 4.7 media and burn it. A DVD has to be decrypted before Recode can read it. DVD Decrypter or AnyDVD can do the decryption chores.

3. Chrono_T

Chrono_T Guest

Thank you brobear i'll try that :)

4. brobear

brobear Guest

Chrono_T
    You're welcome. I am curious though, what were you using the Alcohol to do?

5. Chrono_T

Chrono_T Guest

Brobear I did what you sujested and it was fine, nero does not says anymore that the disc is not beig enough.
    I compressed the file using Recode.
    However when i got the burning options, It has 3 options think, Burn at once, Analisys and the third is High Quality video, i have try all sorts of ways and everytime its going to start burning it ejects the dvd disc and it says burn proccess faild.
    Any ideas?

I was using alcohol to try and burn Games (PS2) and its says the same thing, disc is not big enough for media.
    Any ideas for alcohol will be great :)

6. brobear

brobear Guest

Well, the reason it doesn't say the file is too large now is because the files have been recoded to fit the recordable disc. Sounds like you solved one problem only to find another. The recording options are self explanatory. I use Advanced Analysis and High Quality Mode. As a personal preference, I don't use Burn-at-Once any time.

Now we're getting into another arena. Give us the specs on your PC; brand and model, CPU and speed, hard drive size and amount of free space, amount of RAM and the operating system. Along with that, what brand of media and speed? Media manufacture code would be handy. The freeware DVDInfopro or DVD Identifier can read the codes off the discs. Nero can do it as well. What brand and model is the burner. Are you reading the DVD with a ROM and trying to burn with a burner? What is the drive configuration on your PC?

When Nero runs, it creates a log. Make a copy of the log and post it here. If you erased it; try to record the DVD again, but save the log. Knowing what the error code is will help find the problem.