1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Burning

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by angel1, Dec 5, 2003.

1. angel1

angel1 Guest

Hi all,,,, this is my very first post - I hope someone will be nice enough to reply and give me some guidance....

I bought a Sony DRU510AK which came with the software 'Sonic MyDVD' and RecordNow DX. I also have DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink 2.3. It takes me approx 50 min to decrypt a dual layer dvd and then it takes me another 30 min to shrink it! I realised that by using the software that came with Sony > i cannot copy the dvd to my hard-drive. Ok now the problem is that if i click onto select main movie in decrypter (shrink gives me errors) ie: missing the file/does not recognise/error. But yesterday when i decrypted the total dvd (FILE) it works.

Is there a simpler way of doing this! Like i said i'm a real newbie! so i have no idea what an IFO ISO file is??

Apart from all this i can't seem to work out the software that came with my dvd. So I started to use Nero 6....

Your Help would be greatly appreciated as i have now spent many but many hours trying to firure it out!

thanx

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Hi angel1,
    Welcome to Afterdawn!
    Try using DVD Shrink without Decrypter, Shrink decrypts and compresses your DVD to fit. Put the files that Shrink makes in a folder on your hard drive that you name VIDEO_TS. (all caps!) Then use Nero 6 to burn those files onto your blank disc. I would upgrade to Shrink 3.0b5. Try using the guides here.
    http://dvdshrink.info/ They also have Nero guides.
    Good luck,
    Frank