1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd burning

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jakobus, Nov 27, 2004.

1. jakobus

jakobus Member

i have had a sony 510a for a year. i have burned around 350 movies.my last few have been freezing at the end of the movies. i noticed my burner and disc were very hot while burning them. i went to the sony site and did the drive check and it said everything was fine. i also used the nero drive check and it keeps coming up with errors.it won't even finish the test. i have xcopy,shrink and nero and all movies burn right through with no problems until i play them. i had my media checked and they are fine. anyone with any ideas would be appreciated.thanks

2. LeoLeroy

LeoLeroy Member

Jakobus, got a hunch yout Sony is about to go belly-up. But that's just a hunch.

You might want to check out this thread with Pete's suggestion on checking the DVD media you're using (with DVD Identifier):

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/129338

To save you some trouble, here's what some of what pete said in that thread. I downloaded DVD Identifier and it works great for detrmeining who actually manufactured your DVDs.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2004