1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd burning

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by tonee, Nov 27, 2004.

1. tonee

tonee Member

yeah can anyone help i would like to burn movies i rent off my dvd burner. can anyone tell me what kind of software i need roxio?? a ripper?? what type of media{disk} to use dvd+r,dvd-r or what?????speed also i have a 16x plextor burner i just bought i tied dvd x copy but it didnt work!!!! any help would be greatly appreciated...

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Every question you asked has been answered many times over if you'd just take the time to look ;)

Xcopy won't work with your new Plextor because it's a crap program that is no longer supported or updated to handle new burners such as yours.

3. tonee

tonee Member

ok i understand about x press studio software...but any recomendations on any new software for burning movies anyone and media disk types to use....4x or 8x on a 16x burner......help

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter are the ones to check out. Media should be of good quality such as RiDATA, Verbatim DataLifePlus, Taiyo Yuden or Maxell and I wouldn't burn any faster than 8X.