1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD burning

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by adamj933, May 31, 2007.

1. adamj933

adamj933 Guest

I have a laptop with a Sony DVD+-RW DW-Q58A Daul Layer burner. I made a movie on Window Movie Maker using pictures and music (once-in-a-liftime trip) I plan on making a DVD for my mom for her birthday. I burn it to me disk, but it will not play in my stand alone DVD player. I am using Maxwell DVD-R. Operating system (if it helps) is XP. I have tried several things, it plays on my laptop but not the stand alone.

2. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

there could be several reasons why the dvd doesn't play on a standalone dvd player.

my first question is, is the dvd player capable of playing -R format?
    the manual will tell you if is capable of playing what formats.

next is we need to know the manufacturer of the dvd?
    you can DL dvd identifier and post the info of the manufacturer of the dvd because maxell has different ones some great some not so great.

the other thing is, is your firmware up to date
    http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_firmware.php?download_id=2113

also what burning program did you use?

What speed did you burn at?

3. adamj933

adamj933 Guest

The DVD player does play DVD-R because I have a rafting video that is on DVD-R and plays fine. The disk is maufactured by Prodisk Tech. (Never heard of them) I tried to use the burning program that is on Windows Movie Maker (no luck) and tried Roxio Easy Cd and DVD creator 6 (no luck) I just got the laptop a few months ago (just before Vista was out) so I think everything is up to date. Not sure about the speed.