1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD caught in loop

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by klemperal, Mar 7, 2007.

1. klemperal

klemperal Regular member

I'm not sure why this is happening, but on several DVDs I'v recorded the movie will play back a certain part of a scene, non stop or just one or two times, depending on the DVD and errors I'v found thus far. I thought maybe it was the DVD itself, so I re-shrinked the movie and and burned it again but it still had the same problem in the same parts(s) of the movies. Anyone run into similar trouble? If you have any ideas on what could be causing this or how to fix it please let me know.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2007
  2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

What is the process and programs you are using to backup your DVDs?

3. klemperal

klemperal Regular member

I'm using DVD Shrink and Nero 7 Rom for burning the DVD. I should also mention as it may be important that these continuous loops or just replays happen in the same spots on the given DVD that is doing this. That is to say that when these loops occur in certain area, they are certain to reocccur in the exact same area if I try to reburn the Shrink video data onto a different blank DVD.

4. FFsp42

FFsp42 Regular member

Are you running or have tried any other programs to work around newer encryptions on movies, such as AnyDVD? VobBlanker? DVDFab Decrypter? Ripit4Me?

5. klemperal

klemperal Regular member

No I have not but I definately will. Now that I think of it the DVDs that had these problems were incripted. I'll give it a shot when I get back, thanks.

6. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

Yes, u have to run either FIXvts or VobBlanker before u use shrink so those programs can correct the structure and delete any fake cells out
    Basically here are two free ways around this

Here are 2 Guides that can BackUp any dvd out there, Plus they are all Freeeeeeeeee

GUIDE 1 = DVDFab(to Rip to HDD) + VobBlanker(to fix structure)(not always needed) + dvdSrhink(to compress) + IMGburn(to burn)

GUIDE 2 = RIPIT4ME = dvd decrypter+FixVTS+dvdShrink+IMGburn
    Has a 1-Click mode and a wizard mode

7. klemperal

klemperal Regular member

Thank you guys so much. I thought that the shrink video files looked strange just judging from the sheer number of them along with the fact that the bulk of them were so small in size. Again, thanks for the help.