1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD/CD Rewritable Drive wont load software

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Radke, Jan 3, 2005.

1. Radke

Radke Member

Well I was having trouble with my other DVD drive so I purchased a SONY DRU-710A DVD/CD Rewritable Drive. Well now the trouble has really begun. On the box it says WINDOWS which to me would me it supports Windows. Well I can read from it, can't burn or anything else because it wont let me complete installing the software. Every time I reboot I get the message *New HardWare foun on your pc, running device Wizard to install software, Well when I put in the disk it tells me there isn't any software to read to install the driver. There also isn't any updates or download drivers from Microsoft. I'm guessing Windows isn't supported on this DVD Drive. Even Sony doesnt have a driver to download from the net.....
    I have triple check my master and slave, primary is my harddrive as master, secondary is the Sony(new unit) as master and old cd/dvd reader as slave. ....... Your opinion, bad software or bad dvd drive....... Thanks everyone for your help...Radke

2. bardie

bardie Regular member

Ineteresting......what version Windows are you using?
    If it is XP then you will require no drivers as it will do it for you, should be plug and play.

3. Syxx_Nyne

Syxx_Nyne Member

first of all, do you not have a secondary ide port to connect ur optical drive too, if not thats cool just asking, you might want to connect the drive let it go through the plug n play phase then when it says drivers not found, manually go into the cd to see if you can install the drivers that way, its kinda impossible for sony to put out an optical drive that isnt gonna support windows

4. Radke

Radke Member

I am running XP Home... Plug and Play(device wizard) will say there is a new device, but cant download the software from the disc, says it isn't there.

I have the Sony DRU-170A(new dvd player) in the secondary slot as the master, and my old dvd/cd reader as the slave in the secondary slot. My hard drive is in the primary slot as the master, which it should always be there...... Both drives can read the disc for Nero 6, but device Wizard(plug and play) cant finish putting the software in says error.

I also can't even find a drive out there for this model from Sony, says no match at there site.

5. knb

knb Member

Just thought I'd let you know that I bought the sony and it worked fine with the software that it came with. So, you might have gotten a faulty burner or software, not sure. I am running it on W2000. this won't help much, but just wanted to let you know it wasn't a usual thing. hope you can fix it.