1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD chopping up.

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by yum15, Apr 18, 2005.

1. yum15

yum15 Member

I burned 3 dvd's without checking them first. And now I try to watch them but the video and audio kind of chops up like it kind of jumps. How can I burn a dvd to make sure it doesnt happen again

2. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

yum15 ,
    D/L DVDinfoPro and see when you rum the CRC test if there are any problems w/ the disk. I have a feeling it might be the blank media you are using along w/ the speed you are recording at. What programs are you using to write to the blank DVD's w/ and what blank media are you using?

3. yum15

yum15 Member

Im using nero or dvd decryptor to burn and Im using TDK DVD-R

4. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

Either run the scan test in Nero or D/L DVDinfoPro(free) but you need to scan the burned DVD's. If you have a lot of errors then the media might be a bad choice or you are burning to fast. Try some Ritek G05's or Verbatims. Is Nero the primary program you are using to compress the files? Have you tried DVD Shrink to compress the files and then use Nero to burn? What is your burn speed?

Last edited: Apr 18, 2005
  5. yum15

yum15 Member

see Im not burning from another dvd. I am converting and burning avi's/mpg's

6. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

Now that we have found that out, what program are you using to convert the .avi's to mpeg2-DVD Compliant? When you watch the raw .avi files are they OK. If they are OK then the mistake might be in the conversion. I use either Premiere or Scenarist to convert mine