1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Cloner 3

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by susancody, Mar 17, 2006.

1. gus738

gus738 Guest

fzx : anydvd NEVER has had problems , they always update ( a few secs ) for the reason that new dvd always come encrepted with new copy protection thanks to sony across , i bought a dvd and i couldnt copy it and then next day there was an update and after that i copied it with no issues,

anydvd is worth the money and alot more , it has save me money by making backups and save origianals....

if you get clonedvd2 discount gets better ,

dude with thes 2 programs all you do is pop dvd run clonedvd2 3 more clicks and come back 20 mins with your backed up dvd ...
    this is cosideirng you conpress a dvd9 to dvd5 if you dont conpress dvds finish in as fast as 5 mins reading and w/e ur dvd media takes...

and quality of the conpressor is excellent couldnt of ask better,

i would really high recommend anydvd+clonedvd2 buy them from www.slysoft.com

oh and the best dvd media is tayo youden , dvd media does matter , you never get a coastoer with this brand i always get the 8x ... as speed will not affect quality .... www.supermediastore.com
    good luck because since i know this software is soo good i have to mentiond it...

2. DukeNuke

DukeNuke Member

Hi Gus....I am 100% with you....Slysoft is The Best.Like others I have learned the hard way thru DVD Cloner3.To update everyone I finally did managed to get my money back.After numerous emails with them they said I would have to deal with Herman Street.com which is where I had purchased the (useless) program.Again after many emails they finally saw things my way.Take it from someone who's been there ,done that......Since going to AnyDVD/CloneDVD2 from Slysoft I've never had any problems.....No more freeze-ups no more coasters :)

3. gus738

gus738 Guest

i'm glad you got that resolved , now we should make a thread warning ppl from buying it and LOCKING the thread so no replys just views.. stickey style :D

4. oscarlson

oscarlson Member

Thanks, I almost purchased DVD Cloner 3, Took a look at this thread and went with Clone DVD 2. I can't wait to start using it.
    Thanks again everyone.

5. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

@oscarlson

Glad to hear you decided on purchasing CloneDVD2. Dont forget that to back up copy-protected discs you will need AnyDVD. And that until the end of October if you type the code "afterdawn" (with-out quotes) you get a rebate! Good luck with your new programs and if you run into trouble you know were to ask.

6. shyguy51

shyguy51 Guest

dvd cloner 3 is a crappy softwear product. Hard to use. The company dose not honor their guarantee. DON'T BUY IT. you have warned

7. acat1976

acat1976 Member

HI, I think I may have found a solution to your subtitle problems for Dvdcloner3.
    When you select what drive your movies is in and the software recognizes it look in the middle of the screen and there should be two little icons (a "gear" and "audio") click on the audio one and uncheck all the subtitle boxes.
    Let me know if this works for you.

Best of Luck!

8. acat1976

acat1976 Member

I forgot to mention that you need to hit the setup button on the left side to bring up all the setup icons like "movie only" on this screen you will see the audio icon in the middle.

9. bigbk92

bigbk92 Member

You guys really educated me on these forums because I was just about to purchase clone 3. It looks like the best thing to get is Clone DVD2 & AnyDVD. Well my real question is that is this better than the DVD Decrypter Version 3.5.4 & DVD Shrink? Because I've been trying to decrypt new dvd's but i keep getting an error. I'm taking it that they no longer update DVD decrypter. Can any of you wise people educate me on what to get so I can go back to decrypting my DVD's. Thanks so much

10. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter are good programs but no longer updated. The Clonedvd/Anydvd combo can't be beat for ease of operation. Clonedvd does not decrypt.. Anydvd is the decrypter that actually works in the background with many other programs also. So Clonedvd is the actual copy program with Anydvd working behind it. You won't regret it. Once you purchase Anydvd you get free lifetime updates that will take care of any new encryptions that come out.

Jerry

Last edited: Nov 9, 2006
  11. bigbk92

bigbk92 Member

hey thanks, I downloaded dvd clone & ANYDVD and am currently on its free trial which is cool. It looks like its going smoothly so far. I'm still try to get adjusted to it since i've been using dvd decrypter & shrink. I'll let you know how it goes.

12. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

If you decide to purchase Clonedvd II and Anydvd from Slysoft, you can sometimes get a discount by typing Afterdawn in the coupon area. They run special discounts for us but its not always active.

Jerry

13. bigbk92

bigbk92 Member

You've been a lot of help. I now am on the free trial with clone dvd2 & anydvd. My problem is now is how to back up the burned dvd's to my hard drive to make copies later. The guide theyhave is pretty sucky & you can really understand it. If you can educate me a little that would be great. Thanks again!!

14. gus738

gus738 Guest

bigbk92 , anydvd n clonedvd 2 is the best bet you can get . well when you burn the dvds they are already in the hard drive , all you have to do is 2 things , first when your selecting on what dvd drive to burn to under their thiers an option to delete the files when copied to a disc , UN selecect it then once you burned your disc the file should be in C > clonedvd temp

or you can use anydvd rippper select a destination where to put it in the hd and voila

15. mackdl

mackdl Regular member

16. bigbk92

bigbk92 Member

awesome thanks a lot guys I figured it out. I have another question though. I Downloaded a flick from online & I'm still trying to figure out how/if I can burn it to a DVD any of you guys know how or if its possible?

17. validity

validity Member

The reason DVD-Cloner doesn't work is beacuse it can't decipher the newer Sony encryption. Although Cloner4 says it will defeat any new encryption don't you believe it. That said, try and effect their stated money back guarantee. Good luck. You have to go to Hermanstreet.com which is stated nowhere in the DVD-Cloner site.

18. oscarlson

oscarlson Member

I have been using Clone DVD 2 and Any DVD to make backups of my DVDs.
    Every now and then I get freeze ups or they seem like they freeze and skip forward. I'm just coping only the movie. Could this be my burner. I have a Dell XPS 600 and it is only one year old. Also XP is my operating system.
    Any suggestions,
    oscarlson

19. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Their are a few possibilities. One could be their are too many processes running and that could be slowing down your pc. The other possibility is that your have spyware and other programs like that running on your pc that slow down your pc.

But just for clarification, what part of the rip/shrink/burn process does your pc slow down on? If it is ripping post back, as I think your PC may have slipped into PIO mode when it should be in DMA mode.

20. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

In my opinion, you are using 2 of the best programs out there for dvd backup. If your freeze up is during playback, then along with Peainapod's suggestions, here are a few more. Use the best blank media you can find. Ty, Verbatim, are good and I still like genuine Ritek. Burning too fast will cause problems. My max speed for burning use to be 4x but I have a new burner now so I am trying 6x and 8x to see how that works. Don't think I will ever go past 8x for the burn. As suggested, remove spyware and check for viruses and defrag the HD if you haven't done so lately. Don't surf the net while burning and shut down any programs that auto start at bootup. This will all help the final burn quality.

Jerry