1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Cloner 3

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by susancody, Mar 17, 2006.

1. gus738

gus738 Guest

do you get an error on the bottom right side of the taskbar? i'v been having similir if not same issues i have / had xps 600 and xps 700 and to the day im having a sort of similir error

you did get it with warranty right??? are these all of dvds you have? how many process do you have when your copying ctrl > alt > delete

and check your ultra dma status and spyware and such like other guys suggested too

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2007
  2. oscarlson

oscarlson Member

I'm not real sure where to check for the DMA settings. I looked in device manager, didn't find them. I haven't messed around with DMA settings since the 95 98 days. Can you point me in the right direction?
    Thanks for the help.
    I have something to look for now.
    oscarlson

3. gus738

gus738 Guest

its simple start> right click my computer properties > hardware >device manager "ide ata/atapi controlers" or it could also be

"scsi and raid controlers " depending if its ide cable or sata

but if your rippping time is normal then i dont think dma / pio has anything to do with it , once you find it check if transfer mode is ultra dma .... more likely its going to be under the ide controlers

4. oscarlson

oscarlson Member

Thanks I found it under IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers. MY primary IDE channel advanced settings show device 0 transfer mode "DMA if available" Current transfer mode "PIO Mode" Looks like I'm stuck with it. I'll try disabling Webroot Spy Sweeper.
    Didn't 98 have a program to stop programs from loading on startup?
    Thanks for your help.

5. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

to change what starts on startup click "Start", then "Run", then in the window that pops up type "msconfig" (without the quotes) and in the resulting window click the "Startup" tab. From their their will be a list, and everything that's on that list that has a checked box is a program that loads on startup. Now take note all of the programs can be "unchecked" but not all of them should be. For example a program for your DVD watching software would be a good one to "uncheck" but your antivirus/firewall for instance wouldn't be.

6. narcismo

narcismo Regular member

oscarlson,
    oscarlson

text book case of crappy blank media. buy some verbs or taiyo yudens....peace.
    [​IMG]

tell em gus!
    wassup pea!

Last edited: Jan 26, 2007
  7. Jan13

Jan13 Member

Yesterday I bought DVD Cloner 4 from "Herman Street", and received a confirmation of my order.
    Within the hour I would receive my download instructions and activation codes, now one day later, after a email to their sales department, I did not receive anything.

8. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but you purchased the one that most people consider a junk program with poor support. There are 2 different Clone DVD products. CloneDVD 2 by Elaborate Bytes (or Elby) is the GOOD program that is usually used along with Anydvd from Slysoft. Both can be downloaded off Slysoft.com with a full 21 day trial to see if you like them.

The one you seem to have purchased is the knock-off that used a similar name to confuse people into thinking they are buying the GOOD one. It doesn't work well in most cases and support from what I have read is terrible. If I were you, I would try to cancel that order and if you paid by CCard, try to stop payment. If you can do that, then go to http://www.slysoft.com and download both Clonedvd 2 and Anydvd and give them a try. Fully working programs free to use for 21 days. I'm not trying to sell you on these 2 programs, they sell themselves once you use them. Hope this clears up the CLONEDVD problem everyone has with the 2 verions.

Jerry

9. gus738

gus738 Guest

spy sweeper has nothing to do with the pio / dma status wow its going to be hard to get your xps 600 to correct it self to change from pio to dma.... uhh first check the pins to see if your dvd burner is set to master and your dvd reader is set to slave once you do that go back to the ide/atapi and put the option to scan for hardware changes if that doesnt do it hit uninstall and reboot and after you tried these methods and what not try contacting dell you have extended warranty for a reason (please tell me you got a warranty consider this pc wasnt that cheap) as for uninstalling dont worry it wont damge the pc and you dont need software to reconise the drives because they are plug n play...

as for jan13 like the last poster said you got ripped off by a fake phony product, contact your creditcard asap tell 'em you need to dispute it because its not as advertised dont say you dont like it just say its not as advertised or be creative your dispute will hopefully give your money back.

10. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

lol, wrong thread :)

11. gus738

gus738 Guest

what you mean wrong thread? read my post and read the quoted info

12. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

yep, I'm wrong. I didn't bother checking the earlier parts of the thread because the part you replied to was over 5 months old.