1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd cloner2

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Deeman, Jun 11, 2004.

1. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

na_tra,

You've got both DVD Cloner 2 and DVDXCopy?

I'm guessing it's because your using the trial version.

If you want to try something ... try AnyDVD and CloneDVD2(let's you do the whole movie, and you can use it for 21 days) OR try DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter (both free)

2. allison69

allison69 Member

ive got the cloner 2 and havent had many problems. at first it wouldnt work but i found you have to "unlock" the dvd movie your backing up with something like powerdvd, then it should read, then copy. the only problem i have now is it skips at the end of the movie. i just upgraded the computer and didnt have any proplems before so any ideas.

3. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

allison69,

What brand of media are you using? And the speed of the media?

You could also try DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter.

4. brobear

brobear Guest

DVD Shrink 3.2 would be the best choice if they're wanting to do big movies and don't want to spend a lot of bucks. Handles compression well and doesn't cause skips by compression problems. They had enough stolen when they purchased the DVDCloner. The Cloner uses an older version of Shrink. The 3.2 Shrink is far superior to the DVDCloner and the old version of Shrink.

Flip is right. Bad media can cause the problem to.

5. allison69

allison69 Member

im using ridata discs. not sure what speed, but im using a sony dru700a. i found out its just the last chapters dragging, but it wont do it in the dvd rom in the computer. im gonna try to slow down the recording speed

6. hesh

hesh Member

Hey guys...

I just bought dvd-cloner II.

Can someone tell me how to copy a duel layer disk to a single layer?

I am having trouble burning a TV compilation DVD... I tried to split the disks, and the first DVD only had one episode, and the second DVD only had the menu screen...

ALSO, dvd-cloner II apparently gives me the option to convert files to AVI & MPEG files to my harddrive. Will this help me to condence a dual layer DVD onto a regular DVD-R? If so, which file type should I use?

Can someone PLEASE help???

Thanks!

Last edited: Sep 13, 2004