1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD ClonerII vs DVD Shrink

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by alfietwo, Dec 13, 2004.

1. alfietwo

alfietwo Guest

hey people,

I have several things on my mind... first thing first, I am considering buying DVD Cloner II because of the ability to copy the DVD movies under an hr whereas DVD Shrink takes almost 7 hrs. Does anyone know if this is true (DVD Cloner under 1hr)?

How can I make DVD Shrink burn in much less time, without losing the great quality it can produce?

I am also suspisious about DVD Cloner, as I have been reading some of the post about it: that it's a rip-off of DVD Shrink. I must say something. I downloaded and installed the trail version of DVD Cloner II and must say that in one rare occasion DVD Shrink was up on the background... I wondered how the heck it was running and what made it to open. Second, when opening DVD Shrink it prompts me to accept the "end uder aggrement". I done this already a couple of time. Why would it do this again (repeatally)?

Third, how can I use DVD Dicrypter with DVD Shrink? And do I need to use another software application to I can make a backup of my dvd movie? Like Nero? I laready have, why waist more money.

People, please help. I like Dvd Shrink, but man it seems to take forever to be able to backup my dvd movie and burn it.

Thanks everyone

Alfietwo

2. john.s

john.s Member

Just a thought ... maybe you should invest in a quicker computer? I can burn a 169-minute movie with DVDShrink at 4X in a little over an hour using a 1.2Hz AMD processor.

3. wild77

wild77 Guest

If it is taking you 7 hours to back up a movie with Shrink you mighgt have a problem with your computer.I use DVD Decrypter with Shrink,a large size dvd might take an hour and a half with all the quality settings enabled.As for using Decrypter with Shrink check out this Guide
    http://www.dvdshrink.info/dvd-decrypter.php
    Also check in Windows device manager to see that your drives are in DMA mode not PIO mode.

4. bklyn1028

bklyn1028 Regular member

same here......if you don't use the quality settings...which is pretty good....should take about 40 min or so to burn from decryptor...to shrink...to nero to burn....if you use the quality settings...which are better..the whole process should take no more than 90 min or so....your puter needs upgrading.....

5. alfietwo

alfietwo Guest

Thx people...

I'll chech my puter.

6. Pear5

Pear5 Guest

I don't know whether DVD Cloner II is better than DVD Shrink, but I can certainly tell you that buying software 20% off the regular price rocks. If you decide to purchase DVD Cloner II, go here to get your 20% off.
    http://www.deprice.com/dvdcloner2.htm
    I purchased it there at $47.99
    There are other DVD titles available at http://www.deprice.com at a huge discount. Best of all, if you don't find what you need, there is a discount request form there. I've been able to get discounts for games, for example - Zuma, Magic Vines and so on.

7. andmerr

andmerr Guest

well my 2 cents is go for shrink.DVD CLONER 11 IS FINE as far as apps go but there are better ones available iF you wish to spend the money.You really cant go past something that is free to download and the current version 3.2.0.15 is very easy to use.

If your computer is so slow how often do you defrag.With the amount of data that is transferred and stored due to burning dvds this is also a common cause of a slow PC.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2005