1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dvd Concert Conversion to Audio Cd

Discussion in 'Audio' started by koopa1975, Jun 4, 2007.

1. koopa1975

koopa1975 Member

Hi,
    I have a couple of concerts on dvd. I would like to transfer the audio soundtrack to a cd to listen to in the car.
    I have used the search functions here, but found nothing useful.
    Anyone have any simple suggestions as these concerts aren't available on cd?
    Many Thanks

2. attar

attar Senior member

3. koopa1975

koopa1975 Member

Many Thanks. Trying it out now. Just need something to split the resulting files into individual songs now.

4. attar

attar Senior member

5. jrx10

jrx10 Member

I usually rip the whole concert with RipItForMe (decrypter) then load it in to DVDShrink, re-author out the individual songs with DVDshrink re-author feature and save the edited "individual concert songs" edited [video & audio] to an HD folder on my HD (if later you want to make a DVD fav of your individual songs off the concert dvd as well, and cut-out all the crap). You could then use BeSweet to directly pull the AC3 track from the VOB (in the edited HD folder) & transcode to directly 44.1k wav, (which is probably the easiest & the BeLight interface for Besweet is simple) or you could use ReJig ---(or a ton of other freeware to "strip the streams")--- to pull the AC3 audio track from the edited HD folder and then use Headac3he or besweet to transcode and downmix the 48k 5.1 or 48K 2channel to 2 channel 44.1 WAV. (or you could use dvddecrypter to demux the ac3 track directly from the disk and then use Headac3he to transcode it to a 44.1k wav & then edit your wav with either audacity or EAC. There's a ton of guides using freeware. If your concert DVD has a 2 channel ac3 track (48k LPCM is even easier to 44.1k wav), this is probably a good place to start when transcoding to wav so you can compile a playlist & burn burn to cd (or mp3). I use EAC (exact audio copy) for any audio only 44.1k wav editing, but you can use Audacity as well. If you haven't done it before, the best thing (imo) is to find a guide (here under guides at the top) or at other quality forums like this one.