1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD conversion PAL to NTSC instructions

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Semmy_1, Mar 6, 2005.

1. Semmy_1

Semmy_1 Member

Hi

Finding this task a bit daunting, I've been reading the forums of a few different sites (this one, Doom9's, and a few others) trying to decipher the tasks required and in what order to do them. I purchased a DVD in Australia which is region 4 (covered that problem already, thanks) and is PAL, but I live in NTSC country. So far, I've acquired a few different software titles to help me with my cause:

DVDShrink 3.2
    IFOEdit
    DVD Decrypter
    AC3decGUI
    Canopus Procoder2

Can anyone put this into laymans terms so that I can watch a copy of my DVD on my home theatre? I've already used DVDShrink on the whole DVD to drop it to DVD-R media size, just wondering what the next tasks are...

thanks for your time...:)

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

3. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

4. McBrat

McBrat Regular member

After countless hours of trying to master conversion techniques, I finally conceded and found it was quicker to drive down to Wal*Mart and buy a cheap ($29.00 USD) DVD player made by Cyber Home. It only plays DVD-R however so keep that in mind when doing back ups. I admit it wasn't very tech savy but it was the best investment I've made as over half my collection is PAL.

5. k0k0m0

k0k0m0 Regular member

Is there any way to do the other way round? I live in a PAL country and bought many movies in the US.

thanks