1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd converting

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by dragondog, Apr 4, 2007.

1. dragondog

dragondog Regular member

is there any FREE programs that will convert vob files are a dvd to mpeg,avi,wmv ect...? or maybe even rip as a mpeg,avi,ect...

i read alot of old posts but none so far are free

2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

google is your friend, have you tryed searching this site? i am sure that you will find something here

Last edited: Apr 8, 2007
  3. dragondog

dragondog Regular member

yes i googled but nothing is free its either buy now or trial none witch does my poor broke butt any good

4. Ripper

Ripper Active member

5. dragondog

dragondog Regular member

thank you havent tried it yet....will let you know if helps me

ok i cant seem to get sound to work when i play the vob files i get sound but after convert to avi i get no sound any advice?

ok i found this, does help some http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/180007
    but ok now i have a wav file how do i join the two to one avi movie clip?

Last edited: Apr 22, 2007
  6. dragondog

dragondog Regular member

the video comes out crappy maybe its some settings.....it looks ugly when something moves fast

7. colw

colw Active member

If you already have Nero on your system, you can use Nero Recode to convert your VOBs to MP4 format. Complete DVD movie normally converts to approx 700Mb.

8. dragondog

dragondog Regular member

yes i do have nero but how do i do it what tab or setting is it under.....and 700mb is that enough? im trying to put the movie animal on my zune player the movie is like 4gig i think

9. colw

colw Active member

Open Nero - go to Nero Recode -> Go to Recode DVDs and Videos to Nero Digital or recode Main Movie to Nero Digital -> Import DVD -> select Next at bottom of screen -> accept destination and target folder unless you want to change.

Select Nero Digital Settings - select Standard as current profile -> go to advance Tab and tick Simple profile (Quicktime compatibility) - select Burn.

All this is assuming you have ripped the movie to your harddrive and removed protections or that your DVD has had protections removed. The resuling movie will not be more 700Mb in size

10. dragondog

dragondog Regular member

i have nero express 6 i try to understand and follow what you said but all i can do is burn to cd or dvd i dont see any way to import and save to hd ....and yes i have riped and protection is removed
    maybe i dont know how to use nero as good as i thought i did....im sorry if im too much trouble

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/convert_dvd_movie_to_nero_digital.cfm

im guessing express 6 does not have dvd recode or recode 2

ok i just did a update it was suppost to givr me recode2 but it says the linces i have does not allow me to use so i guess i cant use this...i would buy but no money

Last edited: Apr 27, 2007
  11. colw

colw Active member

Seems like you may not have the full Nero Burning Rom package that includes Nero Recode - you can download a trail version from the Nero website (expired after a month)

12. hanaku

hanaku Guest

spam removed

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2007
  13. dragondog

dragondog Regular member

anybody heard of bitripper does it work and how do i get it to work...
    it suppost to rip straight from dvd to avi any info plz thx

every time i use it it just shuts off just as it starts to read the disk im woundering if it has to do with the protection

there is also
    AutoGK, StaxRip and Gordian Knot

ok well i got bitripper to work but there is still a problom, avi file will not play iv tweeked with the settings and i still get an error while attempting to play....oh man its one thing after another

Last edited: Apr 29, 2007